kategóriában
who is the best ever fod legend in billiards
Posztolva 
Billiards
 kategóriában
who is the best ever fod legend in billiards
who is it in ur opinion

me lol
 onli kiddin max is the best ive ever seen as it hurts me to say lol.

stezz
Year or two ago a guy called max, his main nick SAMARAI played snooker and was easily best ever on this game ;)
I say the best in FOD are the players who play all the time who know they never have a chance to win the crown. They usually give a better game, better conversation and hardly any abuse, I take my hat off to these players.
lol still every1 on this site think crown means there the best? 
Wat happens if people dont play on it all day and actually earn a living n dont get on EVERYday.
i dont know who is still here playin from the old days but we all know who 'rules'. LOL

stezz

oooOOO0OOOooo is right...but the best player ever on this site is jay...hands down....
i agree with matt (oooOOO0OOOooo) but the best player to have played the game is jay (big boi tank)(...Skoolage...)

hands down

bandit ben (infamous kue)
these guys havent got a clue
how do u get up in a morning.
I'm legendary to new moderators =).

However, Max, Spence, Sean, Matt, Chris and Paul were the proper legends. 
I like the way Jay is 'hands down' the best when he is, in fact, not.
Well, I haven't played many of the older so-called legends, but from who I've played I'd say Matt is definately up there.
martinduffy and ronnie o kiev r the legends around here:p
max was the best, with spence, stezz and a few others all coming in close behind.

My favourite "legend" though has just got to be Haze from the old days. He wasnt a legend because of his playing....he was a legend because of what happened whenever he lost.

Any of the Old players will know exactly what i mean, and i can only hope they had lots of cushions because i konw for a fact that i needed them to stop me hurting myself when i fell off my chair laughing :D:D:D
soon i will be known on fod as the legend killer:p
Sorry, but to me, a legend is some one who made a change to this game!

Jimmy White, he was the first true legend of fod billiards, as he was pure class at the start!

KeepeR, he came along after jimmy, but he was almost impos to beat when in he's hay day! Best safety player to ever play on fod!

Mr SkunK, the first player i saw to consistantly win from 1 chance, bloke was pure class.

Max, took the game to a completely different level, and it took a while for any one to catch up! the first 147 he got aswell!

Even tho me, nish, and greenie are most prob better players than them all bar max, we did not take the game to a new level, we just kept it at the same! to raise the bar is how a legend is born!

These are the true legends of fod billiards!

ty Matt :D
Who is Essence aka Dapper i heard he was class in old days.
Matt thats the best thing you've said since i met ya!
>Even tho me, nish, and greenie are most prob better players than them all bar max, we did not take the game to a new level, we just kept it at the same! to raise the bar is how a legend is born!

You might have been but Nish and Greenie weren't as good as KeepeR or SkunK. SkunK was the second best snooker player after Max. Do you tmb8session or something? I think that's his name anyway. He was one of the best I saw. And Tazz. Tazz was a beautiful player :)!
true the old days were so good tho and to veriacs comment yes man he was a proper nut job

stezz
I got a few players I've seen over the years who are legends in my eyes:

(In no order)

Max (Obvious reasons)
Stezz (Muppet but you cant deny his talent)
Greenie (Again a muppet but pure class)
Matt (I had 120 centuries and still couldnt get a 147, gotta say wd son ;)!)
Neo Postpool (1 century in his entire Fod career but pure class)
Mark J Williams (Best all round player I've ever seen)
Mr SkunK (Class potter)
Scotty (Not because of his talent, because of his sense of humour :p)
Scott (Class on his day)

Those are players who changed the game for me.
cheers first of all.
but who are u bloggs u cant call me a muppet and leave it at that you've gotta reveal who you are.
nevermind i know im the best ever here to pick up a cue :p.

stezz
Its nish stezz :p 

kekeke nish ty for that, very nice of u ;\
hahaha that gimp still playing?
dear me nishy u need to get out more :>
bye bye sweetheart
thanks for the mention of me nish :p

id say there quite a few ledgends max stezz spence keeper nish matt willie and who can can forget euan with him always goin on about his fruit pastilles :D lol

cheers scott
My fruit pastilles? 

I can't think of any other Euan so I'm guessing it has something to do with me but I have no idea what your on about lol.

Even if it is another Euan, I sure do like Fruit Pastilles. And Yorkies. And Dairy Milk Turkish Delight. And...oh the list is massive.
i have to say from what iv heard, the legend of this game would HAVE to be Max, being the first ever player to get 147...

even tho i started this game to late on too see the original legends, i agree with what yummy says, true legends are people who change the standard of play....

in my eyes however, from what i have seen, scotty would be a legend, that boy can pot from newhere on the table, hammer the white round and land perfectly on the black lol 
if scottys a legend then im bin laden.
lol.
only kidding ye he was a good player dunno now tho cos i dont know which 1 of his 50 names he plays on lol.

stezz
i cant see how a legend is determined from who got the first 147 break.  cos it dont certainly mean that in real life snooker does it ?

this game is all about on the day.  and nobody is good here every day. FACT
and shaun i aint a legend LMAO im a has been just like most of the players listed above
Martin lets see you work so hard to make a 147 break ;)

I bet you never get it neither.
Martin, this is where you are wrong!

Ever heard of Cliff Thorburn? He is a legend of real life snooker! 
Wondered why?! 
Well he was the first person to get a 147 in real life! That was all he done in the game!
So yes if your the first person to get a 147 it makes you a legend!!

As to your "this game is all about on the day. and nobody is good here every day. FACT" you would be wrong, if you saw the legends that i picked, they certianly was good every day! legends is when people are class, not on form, but when playing bad and still pick up the win!
Because of this reason, that is why there is no legends around flyordie today! (that i know of)

ps give nish and stezz time, and you'll see them play class every time!
and spencer nobody has had a 147 in the realistic game of pro.  just the snooker game on the pool table ( lite ) when someeone gets it in pro then yes they will be a lagend. i cant comment on my ability of lite snooker cos i cant find the time to play it id rather chew my fingernails.  no doubt to these people that did get a 147 in lite it woulda been sweet for them cos they like the game.  but like i said its just snooker on a pool table.  its a lot harder to get a cent in pro than a 147 in lite 
Well, if you look at it like that.

Max was the first person to get a cent in pro aswell, that good enough!
If your talking about me otherwise, i destroyed every one i played in pro, when i played it! (for a whole of a week, record of 89-5 highest break 93)

Just because its a bigger table, it still has the same princables and rules, pot the balls in the pocket! hence all the top players of pro, were actually the top players of light!

You disreguard light to much, where do most top snooker players learn to play snooker as a kid?
on a small table from argos! which coincesidently is like snooker light!

So name some good player in pro now, that wasn't good at light! i dont think you will get 3!

Also, it isn't harder to get a cent in pro than a 147 in light!

You try and keep on landing on the black every single time on a table that small! i dont think you know how much skill that actually takes! Yes the potting was easy, but the positioning wasn't!

Only 2 times was a 147 in light actually done. That is in around 5 years of playing! if im right, there has been 4 cents in pro within 2 year! you can look at that as proof, and the standerd of play isn't as good as a few years back!

YummyDotCom / Matt

I remember you as Rocket, yes? How are you?

I actually never play here anymore, just started playing some 8Ball though out of boredom.  I was around since November 2001, as alot of old players will know me from then.

Ive not spoke to Max in a long while, and it would be interesting to hear a reply from him on the following subject:

I was actually the first person to ever make a 147 in snooker light, and I was witnessed by 2 players, who unfortunatly wasn't popular and don't play here any longer.  However it was against a friend known as sweetamy.

"Screen shots" wasn't around and popular back then, and unfortunatly I had no proof but from word of mouth, from them who saw.  However i believe Max believed me, and I know he rated me as one of the best, as I do him.

You was also a good player Matt, though we didn't get along much.

But I know I was the first player to make a 147, I would be interesting if OPERATOR could confirm this please?

TommyUK
My my if it isnt the master himself, hows it going tommy?

I dont know about the 147 you did but I gotta say he was 1 of the best i ever played matt, pure class!
ive had 6  147s now ahh ty gg wp np ul :p
I got a 155 break last night against a guest ;\ the free ball rule suddenly came into play :|
Each game is different, and requires different skills. However, the older players were able to adjust to the pro tables very quickly.

As to the number of century breaks in pro, there were at least 8 that i can think of during the first 3 months it appeared.

Now that most of the older players have "retired", i would be surprised if there have been another 8 century breaks in pro since their departure.

To my knowledge there has not yet been a 147 in pro, but there are 3 breaks in excess of 120, which i beleive were made by max, stezz, and myself, and possibly greenie if he wasnt drinking too much :D

There are a quite a few others though who have achieved century breaks, or who have achieved consistent breaks of 80+
I got a 85 and 83 :D i get nervous when im on high breaks :|

yep i got a 125 in pro.
but im lucky if i can get a 25 now.
AND
i nearly got a 147 las nite got all reds n blacks and snookered myself on the black to yellow was so p'ed off.

but ill keep tryin :@ 

stezz
i find it funny how people think only the oldies can be good.  after all it aint like that at all in real life is it.  Hence the Ding
hi,  Max is indeed the best player ever entered this site, close followed by lads like Jimmy White, Mark J Williams, Keeper, The Master, Stoney8587,MrSkunk,  and bit after that many like Rocket, Greenking, Stezz, Swisssnookerstar, Suppersready, Snookerloopy, ....

Though i haven't been updated from the level of fod last 2 years, i don't think there will be someone who could bring up the level of snooker like Max did. 

friendly greetz from Bolleke_the_best (ludo)
THE GREATEST FOD LEGEND......a title that should be treated with pride...what makes a legend...hmmm let me think.....ok got it....a good player(goes with out saying),a fair player (not necessarily)but cheeky with it , an abusive player but does,nt really mean it , a helpfull player when you get to know them ,a dam good laugh , and they usually pull a full room , cause mayhem in the lobby on different topics....after all that i really cant tell you who is the GREATEST FOD LEGEND but what i can tell you is JASWILD gets my vote . HE IS FAST BECOMING A HOUSEHOLD NAME SO TO SPEAK . that to me says it all

mickranger2
lol utter joke.
hes no legend, hes a leg  end.

hi bolleke nice to see u agen ive onli just come back myself after u break away from the mups here :p

stezz
Mick i thought more of you, seriously you've changed in the last year or so. Why so many up jas's backside ? lol
A household name?

Yes, he's usually the hot topic of our conversations when we sit down to our family meals.
lol euan i know aint it pathetic. 
Us oldies would still batter any of u lot so no need to speak about it anymore :p.

andf just 1 more thing. what is it with all these ppl joining clans and stuff surely this is just ppl who live on there pc.

peace out

stezz

This forums becoming funny now, Scotty's more of a legend then JasonW lol.

Scotty gimme a shout when ur around i wanna play u, i got another miss on cenury, 98! :@

Stezz even though i dont wanna argue, i'll always be better then u ;)
euan i did say "SO TO SPEAK" but hey if you want to talk about jas around the dinner table he's more famous than i thought looooooooooool

mickranger2
darwen i've seen loads of oldies come back and very few make it again....have you still got it or are you a has been ?
yes im far from past it.
u talk about oldies like i think every1 of them was great.
the only GREAT ones still playin that have come back are.
matt
me
spence -sometimes
nish
scotty
euan.
none of these new boys who think there it are fit enough to clean our shoes. ahhh ty. :p

Ah ul nish :p that in pro aswell? :|

Mick you could call stezz a 'hasbeen' but he can certainly still come back and within a week or so of tryin whoop about 99% of players on here again (without cheating) as nish has proved since he came back...stezz i dont come on msn much but ill log on later see if your on whoop ya like i used to :p
lol ok mate ill be prepared :p

and not 99%
more like 100% 
ahh ty lol
awwww, ur all so cute! talkin bout how gd u r 

i am literally    PMSL
also respect to Mick for telling it like it is...ok you may have gone OTT a lil LOL>...but ty mate, I never once said I'm the best or even care....BUT I know I'm a good enough player SO when these guys come on here trash talking you like they're some1 important...MAKES ME LAFF...wot sad lives you lead...:|
'Hasbeen's rule and always will do.

Aint no days like the old days! B-)
>euan i did say "SO TO SPEAK" but hey if you want to talk about jas around the dinner table he's more famous than i thought looooooooooool

I should really take my humour elsewhere because it's wasted on some of you. Have you ever heard of sarcasm? Clearly, you don't understand what it is. I won't be explaining it though, unfortunately. Don't be lazy and google it.

Most people wouldn't have thought I was any good because 90% of my games were against the same people, Stezz, Scotty, Spence, Max, Ludo etc... However, there's very few who have, or had, more centuries than me. I can only name 4 or 5 I think but that maybe different these days.

Just for the record, the 8-ball top players are the most childish players you will ever meet. That Pool_masta or whatever it is, is a poor excuse for a 1-ball. But hey, what do I know?

The CrEE will slap u all silly np?
Open Challenge Np
Cree illl see u in pro snook about 1pm today :D 

Are you a little 8baller? 
was at college then, gettin some educatin :p only on in evenings really
they cant teach u much otherwise u would no its education*:p
>Just for the record, the 8-ball top players are the most childish players you will ever meet.

I couldn't agree more, I just had a look at the toplist in 8-Ball and I gotta say most of them are not good and have no class whatsoever. Looks like 8-Ball is dying, unless the class players start returning.

Marty-
lol blood how can u say the top 20 list has no class players on it? obviously you havent been in 8 ball recently and watched some of these guys play.. besides, if i were to sub all my names at the moment, i would own 20% of that top list (H) cba to sub tho is to much hassle to sub these days, fod dont take my cc for some reason aswell as many others.. ur losin money fod, get this fixed :p
its 8 ball i dint know class and 8 ball were allowed in same sentence :s
lol duffy jus cuz you cant compete very well in 8 dont mean its an easy game that involves no skill.. some players are better in 9.. some in 8.. and some in snooker jus like u, all 3 games require skill
duffy, u think ur the best, i slap u silly np
im far from good anymore in snooker im first to admit that but i played 8 ball when i first started on fod.  and yes i did compete.  then i tried pro and thats where i stayed.  it requires much more skill in pro snooker than in 8 ball surely u have to admit that.  
pro snooker requires the higest level of skill.....8 ball just a bit and a lot of hit and hope.....and 9 ball is just hit and hope and a total waste of time....i'm with martin on this one
lol you did compete? what rating were you able to consistantly stay at? (5)? (4)? (3)? thats not competing m8, thats wasting ur time :D
Mick I have to disagree, you need skill in all the billiards games. Of course, a little luck is always handy along the way but at the end of the day if you ain't got any skill you'll never get anywhere as far as a high rating is concerned.

Marty -
well pacs life i was in top 20 often enough so if it aint competing then neither are the people there now :d.  u took the words outa my mouth thanks (y)
Problem with 8 ball is that you can gain alot of points by whacking every shot take "EdL_Andy_Lncb" like an example, I've almost never seen him take 5 seconds on a shot and still he is around 750+ points all day long!!

In Snooker that's impossible, maybe it could be done, but then you really have to have alot of luckiness to do that over and over again! 

I disagree with u martin, 8ball does require skill as you would need to plan out what balls you're going to take on, and in which order.
If you dont choose the correct order its hard to make a clearence.
Even though most 8ballers are arrogant and childish you cant deny the skill some of them have.
None will ever be as good as me :p
Nish lmao All this about legend, your not a legend at all. You are a very good player and that is it and the same goes to any one else who thinks they are :|
You people all make out as if this is like real life lmao :)
You happen to be very good at an online game, but what do u want a medal ;\?
Thanks lol, nice to know im good enough to be mentioned :p
just cos ur pants  smart.
ul nt wp gg gl ty
ul nt wp gg gl ty? well said it all about you didn't it :(
what a kid lmao. Pants? lol yeh but i beat you in snooker yesterday ;), how are you a pink ball ;\?
Don't know why u started crying about my comment on nish, it was the truth :|
Now behave :D or i will set davemeister on you :D

>all true except the last bit nishy

I am actually quite concerned of how you said his name :|

Nish is good still and so is Stezz even if he can't pot a straight shot that so easy it's harder to miss :p

He was playing pro at the same time tho :)
'Smart' calling everyone else a 'kid' isnt going to get you anywhere, i dont say im the best as i cant pot much anymore, but there was a time where i could pot anything so i do have bragging rights and so does stezz, i dont choose to use those rights as i'd be called arrogant.
You're jealous that you'll never be as good as either of us so you take your anger out on these forums.
Its ok son we understand ;)
nish you have no idea who i am lmao :) lmao i have beaten u many times, just as you have beaten me :)
> You can't pot much anymore? 
The class should also be there, i guess that shows u never had any :D
Stezz very good player yes, but a kiddie who seems to think he is funny ;\
> Jealous? 
lmao once again proved how serious you so called "legends" take this game, IT IS AN ONLINE GAME!
for goodness sake :| :(
lol who is this "smart" guy? hes obv a noob otherwise he would kno nish was once the best on this game, and ur right it is jus an online game but jus like everything else there has to be somebody who is #1 and thats what this whole forum post is all about and seeing how you keep readin what ppl are posting i would have to say your jus mad that ur name wasnt mentioned :(?

neway back to topic ;\ earlier someone said the legends on this game is someone who changed the game, well for me the legends and ppl who changed this game for me would have to be...

sixers
nish
ryan
promus_lncb
master_tre
zeus
donnie :p
jay

these players were/are class and they changed this game for me because they caused me to bring my game up if i wanted to compete with them. they raised the bar on the word class, if you wanted to be good you had to be able to compete with these guys. and yea some of them i dont like very much but without them i wouldnt have had to step my game up

sadly pac's i was not in your list :( but i am in the list in this topic ;)
get your facts right please :D ;\
Time for this topic to be locked i think, too many of you crying over who is the best and thinking you know everything or everyone :D

i think ur 4getting.. a class person who play long time ago.. like 2year +/-... pantheress
.. who remember him?
yes i used to be pantheress.
until it got banned ahh ty :p

stezz
smart.. im jus gonna take a guess here, but from you acting like you know everything and always thinking your opinion is so valuable to everybody.. im guessing your hara :p? :( still wasting your time in forums i see, not even attempting to compete.. well good plan (Y)
Now that is funny Blast. I look at the forum for the first time in weeks, and the latest post is talking about me. So I'm guessing your Don or Maka? Just can't stop talking about me? 

You really think I'm Smart? Havn't you noticed yet I actually know what punctuation is unlike you? 
>not even attempting to compete.. well good plan (Y)

As for that, I'm getting bored of Counter-Strike. How about I come back and show you really how the games played. Don't you get it yet? I couldn't care less about our little 'rivalry', I have a life outside this game unlike you.
lol hara that sounds like loser talk to me :( we both kno i always skool you.. since day 1 all i did was skool u non stop, yea u got lucky once or twice and won a bo3 but we both kno i won the majority of matches but since your "bored" of counter strike, yea come bak to fod and let me embarass u some more.. id be more than happy ;) get around 800 then come find me and we will start where we left off.. me takin your points :)
I can confirm i am hara, and i am sorry for my recent posts. Trouble at home... :(