« Back to All Topics
Sad day for my family...
Posted in 
Off-topic
Sad day for my family...
Posted in 
Off-topic
Sad day for my family...
I just wanted to post that on Thursday night or sometime early Friday morning (wee hours), my mom passed away from heart failure at 62 years of age. She was my very best friend and she was the one who had rescued me from an orphanage and an uncertain future as a baby.

We are totally devastated as we knew she has been very sick for the past couple years, but it was all still so sudden and unexpected. I haven't been able to sleep nor eat since my grandmother called me on Friday morning to tell me the news. I have to go to her viewing tonight (Monday) and then she will be creamated and I think I get her ashes as the oldest of the family.

Not much comfort there.

So if I don't chat in pool (Room 1 in 8-ball) you will know why. I am trying my hardest to suck it up and be strong for our 4 kids, but really I am breaking down daily. She was my everything (besides the kids and husband) and I can't seem to even understand fully myself that she is gone. Only K. our 9-year-old understands what has happened. The 6-year-old and 4-year-old are too young to really understand and our almost 1-year-old won't even remember her.

Please be kind and just keep me and the family in your thoughts. 

Thank you.
~Danny~
Laura G.
Words, however kind,
can't mend your heartache: ,
but those who care and ,
share your loss wish you,
comfort and peace of mind.,
May you find strength,
in the love of family,
and in the warm embrace,
of friends.,

[img=
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j175/lorna51/121666810355499.gif
]

StreamLine

I would like to send my sincere heartfelt condolences to you and your family. Words can not adequately describe the pain we feel from losing a loved one, but may you have peace and comfort in knowing the joy she brought to all that knew her. Again, my deepest sympathy.    Teri~
im very sad to hear that danny, my condolences go out to you and your family.

im sure she lived a good life, and would want you to remember her for being a great pearson and a great mother.

hope everything gets better soon
Thank you so much all for your kind words! It sure is great that I have such wonderful friends here on FlyOrDie that can help me get through this.

My mom, while not a member here, did allow me to log into FOD from her computer and I had done that many, many times, if anyone will remember. She watched me play many times and she even got to know some of the people here. She was always a generous person and I can feel her around me as I type this.

Thank you again and God Bless all of you...mods and players alike. 

See you in the games!
~Laura G.~ (Danny)
I am so sorry for your loss Laura..I want to offer you this prayer:

O God, this hour revives in us memories of a loved one who is not here no more. What happiness we shared when they walked among us! What joy, when, loving and loved, we lived our lives together! Their memory is a blessing forever.

[img:
http://www.2heartsnetwork.org/D2pix.jpg
]

laura. we have never met or played any games together but when i read about you losing your mum it brought a tear to my eyes. they say that time heals a broken heart but for me it dont. i lost my mum 19 years ago & my dad last year the pain is still their it never goes away,But you laura you have to stay strong not only for you but your family aswell. god bless you all. im not religious but i will say a prayer for you & you family.
                                            wildblood55
Oh, my. I didn't know there were so many wonderful people here on FlyODie...

Thank you to Streamline and to Spirit Walker especially for your kind words. It is nice to have friends here, especially when I feel so alone, even with my family around me. I am sure the feelings will lessen somewhat (or not be as sharp and painful), but her memory will always be with me for the rest of my life.

Thank you wildblood55 and to all the others who replied also. Thank you for your prayers and I am sure my mom is looking down at us and thanking you guys for being so nice to me and my family.

I have to go now, as the tears are making it hard to type, and I am typing-challenged at the best of times. :p

Many best wishes to all of you. :) You are wonderful!
~Danny~
(LauraG.)

im sooooooo sorry to hear what happend its so like sad what happens sometimes good look for future and just remember if your mom was in pain at least she wont be now :) theres not just a bad side too it

xox lauren
Sorry to here this tragic news Laura, my condolences and thoughts are with yourself and your family.
I'm sorry to hear about your loss Danny, FOD is filled with wonderful people there is only a few fools on here (just like real life). Your mom sounds like she was a wonderful person also. Even though it's painful now to lose her you can take comfort in thinking that she is safe in the arms of God, and her spirit will always be with you, when times are hard and you feel down, her love will fill your soul.

May God rest her soul and God bless you and your family and the people who have suffered this loss. 

Take Care.... Matt