« Back to All Topics
Why you think the standart of play nowadays is not as good as it was?
Posted in 
Billiards
Posted in 
Billiards
Sudennly all got lifes?:p
Its because flyordie made snooker 
light
 and 
quick
. They done that for the younger generation, to make snooker more popular. But in general it hammered the game and the quality of the opponents.

I see websites everywhere that follow a membership/subcription code of conduct and it works! Empty heads don't get in, forums are sensible, and nobody gets abused. It makes for a pleasant, enjoyable visit to their site.

Paying a small amount each year for that kind of service is well worth it! But flyordie are reluctant to swing that direction and have decided to stay perched in the free for all, flashing ads, numb skulls website, we tolerate for now!

Fun now isn't it!!!
flyordie made snooker light? actually snooker pro was a little game with about 100 people playing it before FOD changed it.
I don't understand what ur point is massi! Can't even get a decent discussion going nowadays either pfff!!!

Wait a minute! Wil get the replys if i say sumthing like legends or best of the best!

Seems to be the only way to generate a response nowadays.

Maybe worth pointing out that win percentage stats are there for all to view anyway! Check the top 20 list, its all there folks.

He was actually being serious. Snooker Light existed long before Snooker Pro. In my opinion Light is better. But that's because I was here before the changes were made. I remember 10 people in the pro room at most until it was a forced change.

Now there is hardly any advertisement for light, which is faster and more fun than pro.
For the record, i was here when the changes were made and i posted my concerns at that time. 
Light
 has never been popular so i don't know what game you've been playin. 

An i don't think 
pro
 was ever that poorly attended either, maybe at half three in the morning. 
Maybe half three is the twilight zone an all the pro players jump to the light room, who knows?

But ten players before the changes, doubt it, unless it was a server problem. I just think the youth don't have the concentration or the will for the full version anymore.
Did you actually read what they wrote? Or just put 'I WAS HERE THAT LONG AGO' when clearly you don't have a clue.

Light used to be the 
only
 snooker game, and it was busier than pro is now. Then they made pro, but didn't advertise it well and so it only had a few players in the room. Then for some reason they decided to replace a popular game with an unpopular game and pro was now the main snooker and light was the unadvertised game. 

Learn to read before you start making rubish up.
Can't even get a decent discussion going nowadays either pfff!!!

You're blowing your top off because someone disagreed with your view, not everyone agrees with everyone in a discussion you know!

I do agree with your opinion about quick snooker though, the rise in popularity of that has basically killed the full 15 red pro game, back when I first started in 2005 hardly anyone entered the quick snooker rooms and I enjoyed playing snooker and got quite good at it, achieving crown several times and my highest rating there to this day was when no one played quick snooker. Ever since people started flocking to quick, I haven't had as much success there, or as much fun, a lot of times when your playing a decent player you could end up only getting 1 shot all frame.

However to say that the reason why the standard of play has gone down is because of snooker quick and light, I'm not so sure I agree with that.
lol, Thats the spirit folks, get stuck in! I'm only having a bit of a wind-up on the forums, but i'm glad too see that people actually reply to these posts. 

If your wanting the honest truth! I don't care much about what standards are now, because i know it varies from time to time.

I'll be lucky to play more than a few games a nite now, whereas before i played solid and there was plenty of talent to play against.

I could play quick soild, but it bores me to b honest, an i need motivated to play nowadays. One or two games in pro is enuff for an old skooler like me now.

Best Regards Hops,,,
at the end of the day, it all comes down to the abuse these days, if you are a good standard of player, you will inevitably have insults thrown at you... i know from personal experience. this means that you cant be bothered to play properly, because the high standard is no longer appreciated.

Theres no real benchmark to hit anymore.. because of the constant new nicks being created, the toplist means nothing.. so thats not something to aim for. 

even though its just an online site, its still fun to be regarded as one of the best, among a civilized high standard of player, unfortunately, theres barely any civilized players left. So we have to end up playing boring games, against boring morons, and endure their boring insults. and unfortunately, thats the way its going to stay :(
what a drag.Reading ALL this is very enlightening.I just Play Lite because its the ONLY Snooker version I can see the dang Balls in.PERIOD.I LOVE the games, but if I cant see,I cannot play.Period. SO I play Snook Lite ONLY.