« Back to All Topics
rating points change and i havent played?
Posted in 
Curling
Posted in 
Curling
I was wondering why when im done playing and i come back the next day my ratings have dropped???? i also played alot a while back and was up to 124 or so i believe then 3 months later i was a 0... just a few questions i would like answered... thanx love the game grate stuff 
It's because the people working at FOD want us to play a lot, that way they'll get more money, so they figure the only way for you to keep playing is to drop our ratings by 1 point every day we miss(sometimes it's 2 points, or less than a day). Your rating shouldn't have been 0 because you weren't away 124 days, you were only away 90. Probably it dropped by 2 or something. I find the higher rating a player has the higher points they will lose per day.
oh, well thank you for the answers.
If we all didn't lose points when not playing the ratings would get terribly inflated after a while. Also it would allow someone to gain the crown and then sit back and hold it forever without even playing.

On the other hand it wouldn't hurt if we lost a point or two less each day. But we certainly have to lose something when not playing.
of course those of us who cannot manage everyday get penalised.....
True. This game isn't real life, and it isn't necessary to take away from you real life to get the crown in a game. We can't play everyday, or we'd all be fat, lazy, and lathargic.(no offense to anyone)