« Back to All Topics
9ball rule change
Posted in 
Billiards
9ball rule change
Posted in 
Billiards
9ball rule change
It has come to my attention recently that fod has infact altered the real 9ball rules. The whole thing about the 9ball in off break is a foul in fod, when actual it should be an automatic win.

It is possible to actually do it believe me, I've done it on both my names mathamagican and jessek705 more than once. ALthough it is such a hard break to consistantly do (and also to find a break to do this), that it wouldnt matter if the rule was changed, but i feel it might add a little more excitement to the game.

mathamagican a.k.a jessek705;)
It was changed before they added more realistic physics to the game. Before there wern't as many possible outcomes from a break, so people learnt how to get the 9 down off break every time, so flyordie changed it. It clearly hasn't been changed back since then.
eh,im confused,so is 9 off break foul or win now?
In real it is a win.
Here it is a foul! ;)
The way I see it...with the way the game is played, It is almost impossible to consistantly do. I'm that it is possible to do it consitantly do, which goes back to that dastardly cheat break about a year back a think. If it gets out of hand its changeable, but i feel it should b tried again.
As the two time's I have acheived such a break I feel this rule should be changed...but of course the game still won't feel like any 9 ball game i've ever played but will add a bit more realism to the table that in if you are able to acheive such a break a win should be awarded

my name signed for this change
fearnloathin
Ive got 9 9Ball drops off breaks, and I also tpyed with adding it to the Avengers Rules for a Time. The Honorable way to do it,until FOD changes it, is ,After the foul is called, the player Now  with ball-In-Hand must leave the match,ensuring the "Winner" gets there points.
After that, a re-challenge to finish the BO3, or whatever the situation calls for..
I Very Much agree it should be a win, but, the recent changes had nothing to do with it.
Its been a foul since I started here.
indeeed it should be a win when sunk off break. i heard fod changed it because a player figured it out and sunk it almost every game to acheive his 1000 point plus rating. he might have been baned or reset not sure. anyone else here this?

RAÐÍØHΞAÐ

add the push out rule after a break... ne one agree?

Radio head,No,I never heard of this. And what the heck is the "push-out" move? I hate that a 9ball break goes as a Foul,but,I am way happier that people cant do snooker-style,TAP breaks,anymore.
Word.
What, u dunno what the push out is?! Well, it is when the player who is in play on the shot IMMEDIATELY after the break has an option of either ''pushing-out'' or playing on as normal. The push-out is where any shot can be played on any ball (bar the 9) without it being a foul, and players would play this shot when they are snookered after the break. After a push-out shot is played, the incoming player can either carry on, or put his opponent back in play. Someone else will prob give u a better description than me. ty

Э6 ©®Až¥ƒΐ§†§™
And yes PIE, I would agree with such a rule change in FOD.
PUSH OUT

The player who shoots the shot immediately after a legal break may play a push out in an attempt to move the cue ball into a better position for the option that follows. On a push out, the cue ball is not required to con-tact any object ball nor any rail, but all other foul rules still apply. The player must announce the intention of playing a push out before the shot, or the shot is considered to be a normal shot. Any ball pocketed on a push out does not count and remains pocketed except the 9-ball. Following a legal push out, the incoming player is permitted to shoot from that position or to pass the shot back to the player who pushed out. A push out is not considered to be a foul as long as no rule is violated. An illegal push out is penalized according to the type of foul committed. After a player scratches on the break shot, the incoming player cannot play a push out.
I have potted nine once off break, it's a foul.. very annoying. 
TY CrazyFistes and Bouji. lmao,Do you guys really expect FOD to insatll this? Is it even possable?
Anyhow,that was Good Stuff,ty.
>indeeed it should be a win when sunk off break. i heard fod changed it because a player figured it out and sunk it almost every game to acheive his 1000 point plus rating. he might have been baned or reset not sure. anyone else here this?

Did you not read what I typed? This was only possible before extra outcomes of the break were added. Many players knew how to do this break where the 9 drops, and no one got reset as it is a fair shot, just like knowing the angle for a straight ball, but flyordie decided it wasn't a good idea to just have a game where all you need to do is break first to win.
I never worked it out though, I never played 9 ball.
8ball one you could run the whole table, set it all up for you.