« Back to All Topics
Fed up with Fly or Die chess
Posted in 
Technical
Posted in 
Technical
I've been playing chess on this site for nearly a year now, and I'm fed up with this site. I've won nearly 800 games (99%) of them earned, and have lost 559.  Out of those 559, I swear, probably 250 have been because of disconnect. EVERY TIME I start getting my score back up to around 300, I lose a bunch of games to disconnect. It is not uncommon for me to lose at least 5 games (to disconnect) every time I'm on this site.  I've lost as many as 13 games in one sitting because of this sorry site! 

I could be a red plate if it wasn't for so many stupid games lost to disconnect. WHY can't you program this site to RECONNECT in the middle of a game if your connection is broken?!! (like Yahoo games) 
Been said many time, answer:

because people would disconnect themselves ;)
It's not as simple as that Chris.

I play iPool and they have a disconnect feature which works perfectly, that game is progammed so it can see if players disconnect themselves or if it's a legitimatc D/C. However I doubt FoD have the resources/technology to do this.
Hmm is there some kind of way to tell if it was the client who disconnected or the server?