« Back to All Topics
moderators?
Posted in 
Billiards
moderators?
Posted in 
Billiards
moderators?
IS THERE EVER ANY MODERATORS THAT GO TO OTHER GAME ROOMS OR DO YOU ALL STAY IN 9 BALL.. 8 BALL AND SNOOKER? I HAVE CHILDREN WHO LIKE TO PLAY FOUR IN A ROW AND I AM DISGUSTED WITH THE WAY THAT THE OTHER YOUNGESTERS SWEAR IN THE LOBBY ETC..SO COME ON YOU MODERATORS GET INTO SOME OF THE OTHER GAME ROOMS 
Dont hold your breath m8.... we hardly see them in 9ball.
... they like to hang around the rooms they play in...mainly 8ball (which has 2 - 3 mods in sometimes), if you dont like it m8 you will have to find another site for your kids (sad i know)... or just carry on banging your head on a wall, because i doubt if mods ever read the forum let alone react and repsond to a post.

<<<<We read, and if we have something to say we respond.  For myself if I see an SOS in Mod mail and it is recent, and tells what game and room the problem is in I go there to help.>>>>>

[Edited by: LadyDie on Mar 19, 2007 4:02 PM]
I am also often in 4 in a row.  Banned a few in there yesterday.
LD
Thank you for the reply just a pity that more mods are not around more.
 I have applied to become a mod but it seems you are more likely to become a mod if you are put forward by another mod,

>I have applied to become a mod but it seems you are more likely to become a mod if you are put forward by another mod

I sense a bit of hinting, LD :)
even when they are alerted to abusive language they seldom do anything, i have posted so many screen shots of very disgusting abuse and the players are there day after day still talking the same, and mocking you saying things like " i still havent been banned" these people know they will get away with it, and even if they dont they will just use another log-in name despite the fact that FOD can block multiple IDs. 

I have children but i cant let them play on here anymore as there are so many abusive people on here and nothing is ever done to stop them. Mods may do what they can, but it is no where near enough.

such a great website but ruined by these people.

<<Quite a generalization.  We do everything we can with the tools we are given.  As far as screenshots go, sometimes it's hard to tell the real from fakes, not that yours are/were fake.  But we also try very hard to not punish innocent site users.  Oh, and I took out your example, didn't feel it was necessary.>>

[Edited by: RalphTheDog on Mar 21, 2007 7:58 PM]
Hi Dr zappa
I totally agree with what you are saying,I have been around all the game rooms everyday looking for a mod oh I struck lucky the other night I found ONE (ladydie)which was nice to see  she was in four in a row, but she was the only one around. It would be nice to know just what powers you mods do have and if you have someone in flyordie that you can report back to if your not able to do more to put a stop to the abuse that goes on everyday in these rooms..

<<<< Just coz you cant see a Mod, doesn't mean we are not around >>>> :D

I emailed the mods a while back concerning screen shots and what I perceived as a lack of action taken against the offenders. 

I was informed that no action is taken against anyone who whispers rude, obscene, insulting language. Only if spoken out loud will action be taken. 

I find this to be absolutely RIDICULOUS.

I use my mute button to the best of my ability, but you can't mute everyone all of the time. Typically, the attacks come after a match (usually one that your opponent lost).

Now, I realize that it's just talk and that no one is going to "jump out of my computer moniter", as someone said, and actually follow through on threats, but there has to be a line drawn somewhere on acceptable behavior. At the moment, FOD has drawn that line in the wrong place.  

THOSE WHO WHISPER THREATENING, OBSCENE LANGUAGE AND ARE ALLOWED TO GET AWAY WITH IT MERELY FEEL EMPOWERED TO CONTINUE DOING SO.

TIME TO RETHINK YOUR POLICY !

<<<< "Whispered" or typed in open chat, screen shots of offenders will incur the appropriate punishment, the only time this will not apply is if the offender is already demerited >>>>
Quote: I was informed that no action is taken against anyone who whispers rude, obscene, insulting language. Only if spoken out loud will action be taken

That is NOT true!! I have sent in a SS of someone whispering me in a game once and prompt action was taken and I watched as the offender got booted on the spot!

I do agree that the mods have a BIG job of taking care of the business on the site, and I applaud their efforts.

I do think more should be done tho...namely Updates on the site.

Thanks for listening!
~Danny~
oh righty so mods are around but we just dont see them. funny that coz if they were around more more and more of the abusers wouldnt be allowed to abuse those of us that just want to allow our children and ourselves to play and enjoy the games without being abused...COME ON FLYORDIE DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT ENOUGH OF US ARE COMPLAINING AND MYSELF FOR ONE HAVE APPLIED TO BECOME A MOD..
I was told 
in plain english
 by the moderator that responded to my email that no action is taken against those who whisper.

I've also sent god knows how many screen shots of such behavior with no results.

Now which is it people ? Do screen shots of whispered messages get results or not ?  

It seems not all the moderators agree on this point. Maybe that's part of the problem ?

I will not name the moderator that responded to my email, but they put it in no uncertain terms that no action is taken against privately spoken messages.

I would like a consensus on this subject from multiple mods.

what i dont understand is that the pool and snooker games are the most popular games on FOD after chess, 

i play a lot and i hardly ever see a mod. 
on the other hand i always and constantly see abuse.

Perhaps mods should be paid on commision maybe then they would would stop playing games and start doing their job.

why do they play???? how does that help ????
Yeah Don the same thing happened to me with only 1 mod who said they can take no action if its in a whisper. Bad language in the lobby is unacceptable but..... it seems certain low lives can whisper abuse.... follow and abuse ppl,... this is acceptable......?

The mods in here arent pulling their weight, it seems they like to just sit in lobbys like milk monitors, or dinner ladies only feeling powerful not to the abusive few, but they feel power when someone is getting harrassed and abused and they ask for their help, which nowdays rarely happens.......... ANYONE AGREE?

<<No, as a matter of fact I don't agree.  You misunderstood the mod who told you that.  He/She meant if it's in a whisper, we can do nothing because we can not SEE whispers.  If you ss offensive language that was whispered, and send it to moderator@flyordie.com , we absolutely will take appropriate action.  As far as sitting there doing nothing, come misbehave when I'm in a lobby.  It would be fun!>>

[Edited by: RalphTheDog on Mar 27, 2007 8:00 PM]
<<Posted by Ralph The Dog: As far as sitting there doing nothing, come misbehave when I'm in a lobby. It would be fun!>>

Now now Ralph...don't make me get the leash out! :p :p

Heehee...Good boy! SIT. *Gives Ralph a doggie treat*

~Danny~

<<<<<<<<oh I have seen Ralph in attack mode, not a pretty site>>>>>>>

[Edited by: LadyDie on Mar 27, 2007 6:14 PM]
"Yeah Don the same thing happened to me with only 1 mod who said they can take no action if its in a whisper. Bad language in the lobby is unacceptable but..... it seems certain low lives can whisper abuse.... follow and abuse ppl,... this is acceptable......?"

Well Matt, it has happened to me again since this thread was started. I was cussed at in royal fashion by some one I beat in 8 ball simply because I won. I immediately sent a ss to the mod that was on duty and once again, NOTHING HAPPENED. This player was NOT already demerited either.

So, to the mods and others who have read and/or responded to this thread saying that action is taken in such cases, you really need to talk to your fellow mods WHO AREN'T DOING ANYTHING whenever this situation arises in my own case. 

I'll ask once again.

What is the official policy and why isn't it being adhered to ?  

Why are exceptions made ?

Do some mods have friends that can get away with murder on here ?
To Ralph the Dog who claims I misunderstood the mod that emailed me.

I'm sorry bud, but I not only understood him clearly, I had already sent him the ss before I asked why nothing was done. 

I'm not dumb enough to think something would be done without a ss. The fact is, the mod chose to do nothing even though presented with evidence.
<<<<<<<<oh I have seen Ralph in attack mode, not a pretty site>>>>>>>

[Edited by: LadyDie on Mar 27, 2007 6:14 PM]

LMBO @ Lady Die...Me too!! I think his growl is scary. :-D
here we go... no posts off me allowed... truth hurts ?
3 posts agreeing with you don and they vanish the first post got edited because i pointed out the same things..... hiding the truth,....