« Back to All Topics
games lagging
Posted in 
Technical
games lagging
Posted in 
Technical
games lagging
iwant to join this site, but with all the trouble i have with the games, i wont. serious lagging, to hte point of making you lose games is not acceptable for a pay site

It is possible that the problem isnt the site. Its possible that it's your pc .Maybe you need a bit more ram:)
i have the same problem, so how much ram do i require to play on this site
Heh well my subscriber status finished the other week so I've been playing the online game a bit and it's possible that adverts could be lagging you up. 

I'm having a problem with some "koi carp screensaver" advert, everytime it loads up it's impossible to play a shot. The game is fine the rest of the time :| 

Well chris could be right in sayin the ads lag up your game however it also depends on what ram you have when i had 512mb it was ok but lagged every few shots now i got 2gb ram and its fine no matter which ad is displayed. My advice new comp :D

ty mark j
had a quick look through the site and found this here ya go

System requirements

In order to play FlyOrDie Games, your computer system needs to meet the Minimum System Requirements listed below.

Unfortunately, FlyOrDie.com are not designed to be played on Windows 3.1, UNIX, or with Web TV.
FlyOrDie Games Minimum System Requirements

One of the following operating systems installed:

* Microsoft Windows 95
    * Microsoft Windows 98
    * Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition
    * Microsoft Windows NT with Service Pack 3.0 or higher
    * Microsoft Windows 2000
    * Microsoft Windows XP 

Browser

* Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.x or higher
    * Mozilla Firefox 1.0 or higher
    * Netscape Navigator 4.0 or higher
    * Opera 6.0 or higher 

Hardware Requirements

* Pentium 200 MHz or higher processor or equivalent processor
    * 32 MB memory (RAM)
    * VGA 256-color, 800 x 600 display
    * Mouse or compatible pointing device. 

Recommended System Requirements

* Pentium 500 MHz or higher processor or equivalent processor
    * 64 MB memory (RAM)
    * 16-bit color at 1024 x 768 display
    * Sound card plus speakers or headphones (for games that require audio)
    * 56 Kbps Internet access
    * Mouse or compatible pointing device. 

those requirements probably haven't been updated for years... and definitely don't take into account the increased memory that today's ads use... though it shouldn't be so significant as to cause huge problems.  anyway, those are just minimums and suggestions... you can play the game most of the time with what you have... but as has been pointed out, a newer, faster computer will make life better ;)
--jason