« Back to All Topics
Chess suggestion - What about switching sides?
Well, I very often spectate matches of another people (actually I spend more time watching than playing, 'cause when I'm playing, I'm losing all the time :D), so, I'd very appreciate a possibility to switch sides as a spectator, so I could watch the board from black's point of view. It certainly isn't necessary, but I think that at least for a begginer like me, this option could help me analyze the position on the board... So, that's it :)
Thats pretty interesting, i have been thinking about that idea as well, and actually i was going to post something similar to this..

Nice thing to think about.

Cheers,
Frank.
well, I'm quite happy I'm not alone with the idea. So let's see if somebody's gonna work this out. However, I'm not familiar with the way how flyordie upgrades their games at all
I am totally whit you, the spectators have the right to have the switch sides button. I play in other chess site besides flyordie ( i won't say where 'cause the mod's wont like it i guess lol) and they have the esplendid siwtch sides button and when i watch a game i can see both sides if i wish. 
The thing is if flyordie's programers staff are gonna upgrade the chess software they will spend hours doing it, and, my friend, i dont think they have enough strengh to spend days and even weeks adding new codes to the chess software only for a switch sides button.
So, in summary, i say we need a switch sides button but frankly i dont think they'll do any single lil thing about it.
regards to all.
you sure it would take so much time and effort? Since the black surprisingly plays watching the board from his side, the feature is certainly already there. How difficult can it be to create button and link it to the feature? To be honest, I have no idea :D But it sounds logical, doesn't it?