« Back to All Topics
whats going on ?!
Posted in 
Chess
whats going on ?!
Posted in 
Chess
whats going on ?!
I was playing with a friend, and exactly after leaving the game the "program sign" appeared on my profile...

why, what is going on here.....
i wasnt using any program.....

one is banned and the other is a PROGRAM USER !!! 

AMAZING !!!

lol ,i call it bad luck...

can you imagine that it happened to me too ?

at least the sign says "might use " ....

if you dont then dont worry
dont open another page except the site's webpage , or else they will suspect that the other page may be a chess software espicially if it is open frequently

this may be your answer

could it be that you are really a program user ?
I don't think that opening another page will cause the programm sign to appear.

Usually, i have lots of pages open. For instance when a game is boring cause my opponent is a real slow thinker, i surf while playing. And usually i have a netradio or something like that running.

And registering the opening of windows of each player would be quite inefficient, illegal and probably not possible at all.

As i've posted already elsewhere, it would be easy to find cheaters, if the games were saved for examination. But they are not. So there is no, i repeat NO way to tell for sure who is a cheater, and who is not.

The games are not saved, probably because of the resources this would involve. What you suggest would require even more, so i think this is nonsense.

Recently i found a chess site, which is, as far as i can tell really free of cheaters. (They save the games and have good software to find program users.) Nevertheless i also continue to play here, i think it's a great site.

Of course i hate to lose points and even more if i knew that my opponent was a cheater. But after all it's just a game and when a mindless 16-year-old thinks he has to run rybka on daddy's computer to beat me in a game, then so be it.

Cheers
I think it is because of the entry of ad's.......if u r not a subscriber ( like me) i bet u have tons o' ad's coming and going every minute while u play.  i'v had the annoying cheater sign on me before, and the only reason i found its the ad's, they delay the connection to the server, and the program detection sistem of fly think u are opening another application(CHESS PROGRAM) and at the end of the game........oh surprise!!  ....i have a cheater sign and i didnt use program at all. u may ask: what to do?    ....nothing, but to play many games and to wait till the bad placed sign dissapear for the rest of ur chess life in this site.
Regards ya'll

Hi All,

No program , iam sure it was hard on you since you name is "NO PROGRAM" + thank you i really dont.

King Leo... yes it could be that , + dear (Rumo) i usually do open multi pages while i play on the site...
epicailly when iam playing against slow opponents as you mintioned "faster = more fun" and i want you to know that i dont just open many pages in the same time but also different web browsers which can be the reason for this problem... when i play i use "Explorer" because there i can change the resulation of the screen easly by preesing on the left down corner of the screen and this helps when the screen gets black... and i surf when i play slow ppl using "Netscape Navigator", "i think its faster"...

Sawshy... you are free to believe in whatever you want, brother, but honestly i don't.

Dear Rumo (again :), i wish that the moves of the games can ba saved for examination, in order to detarmine who is a cheater and who isnt " as you hope" , know that i have nothing to hide or to be affraid of + i also play in another place where its mostly clean there "yahoo chess"... and i also play in the NP room "where i believe that programs are not allowed" in the same level i play in anyroom :)+ i agree that this site is great indeed .

tacarigua... yes iam "like you " and i know what you are talking about " its really making my connection weak as well, espicially animation adds" + i can see that people who use program are playing usually slow because they have to wait for their softwares to play and then to copy... and the adds make a delay as well , pretty close i think ...

any way thx guys ;)

oh by the way, in case u havent noticed, once ur game is over u do can save the moves of the game, all u have to do is to click the lil button that says PGN then u copy and paste the PGN ( player game notation) to ur computer. Make sure the name of the file ends  whit the extension .pgn in order ur pgn reader software ( most chess programs can read pgn files) can read it and analize the moves.
For example u can save the file as: mygame.pgn 
C ya.
Thx tacarigua! I've been playing on this site for the last two years, but i didn't know that. Lol, i'm so stupid   :))  
Nonsense, how can flyordie see if you have open another window in your windows?????????
But can't get a game because of it.