« Back to All Topics
susan boyle britians got talent
Posted in 
Off-topic
Posted in 
Off-topic
now im not normally in2 things like this but i was wonderin wat all the fuss was about this woman so i went on you tube and i gotta admit i was shocked..wat an amazing voice and woman..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lp0IWv8QZY

A true hidden star & an AMAZING voice!

She is one  that  deserves her dream!!
pretty good but her voice lacks a little control...

...and the patronising way they all said it was a surprise is just another way of calling her ugly.

(why was the audience full of seals, couldn't hear anything for the clapping)

she is getting millions of views each day on YouTube.

One video had over 12 million
A few others had a million views

Dance act Flawless were great to

I actually don't think she's all that special.... She can sing well but it wasn't necessarily the 'wow' performance that I expected with all the hype that has been created (20,000,000 views on the video already!!??!) :p 
well 2 say shes had ova 50 million hits on youtube and the whole worlds talking about her she must be special ;)
Yes,she is good. But not "wow" like Chris said :) I better liked that dance group Flawless, they were great :) 
she's good,and surely talented. but they have to get her to stylists,she can't perform with such hairdo and clothes
didnt think much 2 flawless wen they were grouped it looked all ova place...dont think ppl r intrested in her looks just her voice that sells songs.
Same think with this Romanian who was told in his country that he "is stupid and ugly"....
Well, he was discovered in Spain, in a national contest; has none study, he was working in constructions in Spain, like many other Romanians...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIJXV0ouMYI

He is now, called, "Pavarotti di Romania"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIJXV0ouMYI

and here is Maestro,for a change....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uYrmYXsujI&feature=related

Enjoy,

Lucia
>well 2 say shes had ova 50 million hits on youtube and the whole worlds talking about her she must be special 

I can't help but think that the hype has been created more on her "look" and the fact that she surprised the judges with her performance, rather than entirely based on her voice :p

No one is doubting she can sing I just personally feel like I've seen and heard voices like hers quite often on talent programs. Lets hope she gets the most out of it though and succeeds in achieving her dream :)
Great Voice...And in that video you saw the real English people :( No respect to other people,laughed etc...Sad ;) But maybe not all of them are like that :)
I don't mean that all English people are like that ;) I know many good English people. But some of those people showed disrespect. Sorry if I offended anyone in my first post ;)

P.S I like England lol :p
so ur saying ur country as not 1 rude person in it? ;)

so wat shes gettin her dream who cares wat her looks ave 2 do with it 
hey eagle eye

don't be afraid to have an opinion...

Boyle is good, but not THAT good...
..there are better singers, but most of them don't have her eyebrows/novelty value.

'X-factor' and '..got talent' promote a sheep mentality so she's bound to sell well.

And then what . . . . . ?
holly u still fluffy in the clouds

newkso ;)
The "hype" isnt so much about how she shocked the judges.... its the fact that old saying about not judging a book by its cover..came true! 

The reason why this woman has gotten so much recognition is because she gave everyone a reality wake up call....... don't assume & judge by the way of looks. 

And as for her singing talent.... she sang a song with perfect pitch and clarity. A flawless audition. Not even Simon could critize or point out any minor flaws or errors.

For you to judge on her looks and cast opinions... then you are those few who need to hang ur head in shame.  

She completely fooled me.  I though she was going to be a laughing stock.

But like they say, "Never judge a book by its cover".  She was amazing.
>Dance act Flawless were great to

Good chance of winning.
i must say british crowd dissappoints me. we have the similar show here,"sweden searches for talents",and the crowd here supports everybody,no matter how old they are and how do they look
well 59th theres about 50 million ppl who disagree with u :D
59th.. for a person who is  so hung up on "looks"  you must  be  one of them sheep lookers  who likes to insult others to boost ur confidence

Your opinion...compared to millions means diddly. You just like to insult and put down. Bet you get alot of that in real life, hence you insulting on web ;)

Thats just MY opinion/observation ;)
Susan Boyle doesn't have to win Britains Got Talent..she will make it anyway..she has a fantastic voice..and I think she's lovely just the way she is..Never judge a person by the way they look..it's what they have inside  that counts.. There is no doubt in my mind this Lady will do well as a professional singer..which she undoubtedly deserves. 

StreamLine
mass no country is that perfect.
Wrong, Newkso, darling, I have never been fluffy, how can you forget who`s fluffy?

Lucia
wow   touchy, aren't we

her singing is good but not that good

the reason she is famous is her 'looks', hence the shows comments about it being a surprise

and 50 million views doesn't mean 50 million supporters

..and nowhere have i judged her looks other than to say it's why she's famous  ;)

guess ur rite 59th esp bout xfactor btw isnt that wat leona lewis won and she as sold how many albums ;)

lol sweety i kno who fluffys r but i had 2 drop a hint 4u 2 kno me ur long lost friendy :p

few off notes wow theres so many experts in fod ill be sure 2 look out 4u in the charts :D
>...and the patronising way they all said it was a surprise is just another way of calling her ugly.

>(why was the audience full of seals, couldn't hear anything for the clapping)

>..there are better singers, but most of them don't have her eyebrows/novelty value.

>'X-factor' and '..got talent' promote a sheep mentality so she's bound to sell well.

Sounds like judgement to me.... and you know talent how???

you sure Sonnet? wanna see the video ?
cant believe the youtube hits shes had in like 1 week, its rediculous.

shes beat the all time views of some of my favourite bands since there music videos were posted back in 2006.

the things people watch :|
oh im sorry mass didnt kno u was a voice coach lol ;)
Good example...Leona Lewis is a spectacular singer.
Susan Boyle isn't.

disliking her is only as judgemental as liking her, hypocrite.

if my knowledge of talent isn't as valid as yours, catcher, then it's surely you judging me (based on what, i might ask, as you've mis-judged most of what i've posted).

Judging by the clip on youtube... undoubtedly she has a WONDERFUL voice, but she seemed to be a little bit of a moron... 
I preferred The dance king and the Singing souls if im being honest. :p

Next year im confident i will have the ability to eat 8 ferrero roches within a minute, its all in the mind.

Watch this space !
>Judging by the clip on youtube... undoubtedly she has a WONDERFUL voice, but she seemed to be a little bit of a moron...

Very true lol.  She certainly don't seem... "normal".  Great voice though.
what does it have to do with being voice coach? i was talking about the crowd reaction,which was quite poor in britain
Eh, these comments proves, once again, how shallow we are in judging people by their appearance. Of course, if she was looking like Miss World, nobody would have been surprised by the performance of her voice, but, hey, the poor woman looks like a a housewife kidnapped from the kitchen and brought on stage, in front of the public…surely that amaze. 
I wonder what people said about Einstein when they`ve first seen his hairstyling….

Of course I knew that`s you, Newkso dear, nobody else is able to cause such controversy.
Missed yer,

Lucia
lucia my sweet i do try but theres no fire like there was b4 and the passion is just big words no meanin behind n e thing so its difficult 2 shake up without laughin at this world  ;)

4eva ur bestest friend on the whole world wide net :D