« Back to All Topics
R.I.P Alex Higgins
Posted in 
Billiards
R.I.P Alex Higgins
Posted in 
Billiards
R.I.P Alex Higgins
Alex Higgins died on the 24/7/10. As he was sick for the past few years. Alex was a great player in his time and a former world champion. May he rest in peace,god bless Alex. If anybody wants to pay respects to Alex they are very welcome to do so.

R.I.P Alex.
He was a very competitive animal, and you knew how he was feeling at the table. That wasn’t common in a reserved game. He got a lot of people who wouldn’t have watched snooker interested, and dragged the game forward kicking and screaming. He didn’t wear a tie, he caused problems, but he was loved all the more for it and he was a snooker genius. Alex, Ronnie O’Sullivan and Jimmy White are the three who shocked people with the shots they have come out with, and Alex had bottle and heart. He perhaps didn’t win as much as possibly he could have with his talent, but when he did win the crowd absolutely loved it because it was one against the head. It was against authority, he was the true rebel. He was always up for disciplinary action and he’d walk in with bottles of champagne for the disciplinary panel to soften them up. He had that cheekiness. RIP Alex 
Yes Alex was a great player some shots he potted were truly amazing! god bless alex. R.I.P 
he had been fightin throat cancer for 10 years
Higgins was the people' s champion. He will always be the people's champion. Like George Best, that other flawed genius and slightly older contemporary from the harsh council housing estate life of Belfast, Higgins possessed a certain charm.i what ronnie o"sullivan said “If Alex Higgins was a golfer I think he’d have probably been a multi-millionaire in his ending days because I do think they look after their top sportsmen a bit better. Hopefully snooker can learn from that now.”  this is so true R I P XX