« Back to All Topics
players leaving when losing a game
Posted in 
Go
Posted in 
Go
Some players leave the game without going through the scoring process when he knows he lost the game.  I end up having to "give up' the game just to end it.  Would like to know if anyone else encountered this problem and how it was handled. Thank you.
If they leave the game before it ends, the game is lost by them and you get your points.  What's the problem?
when a player leaves you automatically win the game. So I don't understand how you can "give up" when you have already won. That being said, it is rude to leave without at least saying thank you. But many people do that here all the time - they don't understand how to be gracious when losing,

I guess it is a variation of pass and reject. My opponent keeps marking my alive stones as dead and this goes on and on and on.  When I request that he checks the accuracy of his marking he does not respond at all, perhaps because of language barrier? It takes enormous amount of time and I end up quitting the game and losing by default. I mind the dishonesty involved.  So, the player does not actually leave, he just leaves me hanging..

I have reported such players. Yet they continue to be playing on the site with CLEAR evidence. No consequences, nothing; they continue on their mischief.