« Back to All Topics
Advert duration
Posted in 
General
Advert duration
Posted in 
General
Advert duration
Why does the advert which appears when returning to the lobby last longer on Firefox than it does on Chrome?

On Chrome, the link to 'Skip ad' appears after five seconds of the fifteen-second ad duration passes. However, on Firefox, I have to wait ten seconds before the link allowing me to skip the ad appears.

Why is this?
Hello Aqui1A

Hello
"firefox" and "google", two different browsers. faster "google", "firebox" more discreet. Every advantage has its drawbacks. A choice of different for each browser. Regards. joyce33
You don't understand.

It's not a matter of speed, it's a matter of time. I'll explain for you.

After leaving a game and rejoining the lobby as an unsubscribed member, there is a 15-second countdown which appears informing you of when the advert will close. After a certain amount of time, a link appears which allows you to 'skip ad'.

The strange thing is, in Chrome the link appears after 5 seconds of the 15-second countdown has passed, but on Firefox, it only appears after 10 seconds have elapsed.
Also, from my own experience, Firefox is both quicker and more secure/discrete. I used to use Firefox a lot before I switched to Chrome (for some reason). I've just switched back to Firefox, and seriously, it's a lot quicker.
Hello Aqui1a

When I bind your writing, we're talking about the same thing, the speed between two browsers. But be less aggressive please. thank you. Regards. joyce33
i agree with joyce.
its the browser speed.
i found ads stall and sometimes dont even load on firefox (which is probably the reason that it takes an extra 5 seconds for skip ad to appear), i use chrome for video playback its awesome for it.
It's not the browser speed, this is unbelievable! haha

It's a countdown. Flyordie have set what time the link appears. It's timed. Am I living in the twilight zone here?
Hello Aqui1a 

Last message from me

We correct answer you but to read, you have rocket science and you are disrespectful, I wonder if in the future your Utopics interest to many readers, in my case, it's settled. joyce33 Aqui1a