« Back to All Topics
Suggestion 
Posted in 
Curling
Suggestion 
Posted in 
Curling
Suggestion 
I was recently thinking about a great idea that could really help people with connection issues and their game closes mid game and they lose points. This happens to myself a lot in fact. When a person leaves a game before it is over, instead of ending the game and handing all points of remaining ends to one person, why not continue the game without the other player? Their time would continue to run and they would lose several shots, however this would give time for connection issued players to re-enter the lobby and re-enter their game with still a chance of winning. This method offers no benefits to runners so this solution has no loopholes in that regard. I have seen this method used before and it is extremely effective. I hope some people will take time to consider this option being used in games in the future. Thank you
Mr.77 Quote " they would lose several shots"  

How would losing ALL of your shots in an end help you win when you come back? Most games are 2 and 4 ends. So being down 6,7 or 8 points with 1,2 or 3 ends to go will benefit whom? 

It's not a bad idea, it just won't be effective.

Also during the day room one is mostly full, so even with their internet issues, if they manage to come back in 60 seconds, they may be locked out of the room.

I just don't see how this would actually save someone's game.
You're right Mark, this isn't a 100% foolproof and total solution to the issue. My idea doesn't necessarily give people a better chance at winning, but at least they have 
 a 
 chance at winning. Keep in mind, they have 2 minutes reserve time and 15 seconds per shot, so they always will have some sort of a chance. If they return in 60 seconds, they've either only missed one shot or it's still on their shot! 
True 77, but then the people that don't come back, can't come back, don't know they can come back etc. Then the person waiting will wait for how long? 
Once they run out of time they will be waiting for less. You're right, it's slower than if a person just quits. Perhaps there could be an option to turn the re-entering off/on before the game?