No-Tick Rule
Posted in 
Curling
No-Tick Rule
Posted in 
Curling
No-Tick Rule
Hi FoD, 
I am curious if your program would be able to adapt the new No-Tick rule into the FoD Curling game. World Curling Federation, the GSOC, as well as most national programs are now using the No-Tick Rule for opposition stones touching the center line (with the 5-Rock Rule still in play..)

There has been some talk inside the game on this new rule and I feel it would bring a new challenge that otherwise is a pretty simple shot. IMO, it would bring new enjoyment to the game as some players will play the tick shot during the whole game.

Thanks! :)
As a curler in real life, I am luke warm to the no-tick rule. However, in this game where putting a guard on the centre line is automatic, I would not be in favour, at least not yet. The rule is evolving and I think it will be tinkered with some more before all is said and done. I heard a few players (Gushue for one) talking about having a "no tick window", one a couple of feet over the hog and then another a couple of feet outside the 12 foot and instead of the rock being automatically returned and the offending rock automatically removed, the non-offending team would be given the choice of what result to take (if you inadvertently knock my rock to the 4 foot, I may want to keep that result). Interesting times ahead over this for sure.
The no tick rule in the WCF is still a trial rule for 2023.  I would wait until it is instituted permanently and in a final form before it is changes on FOD.
That's why I like the idea of bringing the rule into the game. Take away from the 'easy' tick shots that players will play at end of game OR during the entire game when they have hammer. 

I think it would bring new strategy and more excitement to the ending of games, just like in real life, when you still will have a bunch of rocks in play!
It should be applied. Now a win is like automatic when tied up coming home with hammer because of how easy ticking is
+1 to this: not only is the rule now adopted by WCF, it also makes games (potentially) a lot more interesting
🙃