« Back to All Topics
Going on hiatus indefinitely till they put the "no-tick" rule in play
Posted in 
Curling
Posted in 
Curling
Really hard and frustrating to play when opponents start ticking since 2nd end ,or when 10th end hammer is an automatic win.

I admit I am not the best tickers here. Otherwise I might tick all the way too if I have a high success rate of hammer 2+ with ticking, like some people do. So yeah that's it for me now unless they apply the "no-tick" rule like real curling.

On a side note, Gushue just stole the win in 10th against Dunstone in Brier to reach final. "No-tick rule" really makes the game a lot better and more interesting.
❤️
The problem with the no tick rule here is getting a guard on the centre line is automatic (takes no skill) so the game would end up being a boring race to the middle. Also, how would you account for the skip's choice to keep or remove the result?
❤️
Right. You can not compare the game here to real curling in any details... Cleaning up the front here is way more difficult than in real curling. 
tbh, i dont understand why they even come up with the no tick rule. I havent seen it that often, except last end.
❤️
The play is always on the four foot.   If you watch real games, a lot of multiple point ends are because a team used the hammer to take out a rock in the 4 foot, sometimes even around a guard (it is possible), to take out a rocks in the four foot and get there outside shots to count.

When trying to steal a point for the win, which I have done in this game pretty successfully, you play on the four foot around guards the hole end.  You don’t even care if your opponent has 6 rocks on the outside rings.  All that matter is that you get your single point for the win, and that’s always always almost always at least with experienced curlers in the four foot.  The play will gravitate to the four foot probably 6 out of 8 ends. Unless of course a team has a big lead.
The play is always on the four foot.   If you watch real games, a lot of multiple point ends are because a team used the hammer to take out a rock in the 4 foot, sometimes even around a guard (it is possible), to take out a rocks in the four foot and get there outside shots to count.

When trying to steal a point for the win, which I have done in this game pretty successfully, you play on the four foot around guards the hole end.  You don’t even care if your opponent has 6 rocks on the outside rings.  All that matter is that you get your single point for the win, and that’s always always almost always at least with experienced curlers in the four foot.  The play will gravitate to the four foot probably 6 out of 8 ends. Unless of course a team has a big lead.
It would have to come with a corresponding improvement of the accuracy of take-out weight. I agree that the no-tick rule can make it more interesting, but the difficulty of throwing full weight in this game would swing the pendulum too far. On a side note, it was amazing to watch Nichols, Kennedy and Lott clean up the middle this past weekend.
❤️
I agree, the last three games were some of the most interesting, well played curling games I have ever seen!
❤️
I agree. No-Tick rule would be great on here. It may be the best rule change in curling.

Also a doubles format, not a 4 player game, but the rules with the prepositioned stones and only 5 rocks thrown per player.
What is ticking? What does that mean?
Hi Madressa, I googled this for you.

Tick shot explained. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAzNYFVHPXk&ab_channel=CurlingClass

Kind regards,
John
❤️
The fact this isn't in the game after being a world curling rule for awhile makes it borderline unplayable and very unenjoyable at the higher skill levels.
🙃
Funny how all the tickers flocked to my post suddenly.