« Back to All Topics
how to deal with players who quit games
Hi, I enjoy billiards and often play as guest to warm up or if I'm not playing well. People quit sometimes without penalty since I'm a guest. This is frustrating. Can the programming be changed so there is an option to finish the table in practice mode? As it works now, you are stuck and have to return to the lobby.
Hello Muzzlehatch

The programme cannot be modified in a way that people cannot quit. 

Even if the programme were modified, your opponent could still leave the game by disconnecting from the Internet or by shutting down their PC.

Kind regards,
John
Hi, I don't wish for players to have to be stuck in a game, but what I'd like to do is finish the frame in practice mode since the shape of the table has sometimes developed into an interesting challenge. Probably a big change. Thanks.
I get your point. Unfortunately, it cannot be done. 

Any changes to the programme would be in vain if your opponent simply closes the window in which the game is running.
I am sorry Muzzlehatch.

Kind regards,
John
Whether you're a guest or playing on your nick, why does it matter if someone quits a game when you get the win? A player may feel that he can't win unless he can successfully hook you a dozen times and so decides to quit much like a chess player will tip over his King? I would take it as a sign on respect that my opponent realizes I have him beat. If you want more practise before you bring on your nick, just play another game.
quite harsh your response Imust say.
* i must say
How is it harsh? Chess games often end with a concession aka tipping the king. It's certainly not meant to be harsh or anything else, just one man's opinion. Why is there a need to punish an opponent who is obviously beat by rubbing it in? Do you ever watch the NBA (basketball)? When a team gets a big lead and the clock is running down, they ease up so as not to embarass their oponent. They have no need to rub it in.
People quitting when you're in the middle of a break and then not being able to carry it on is annoying as all hell.