« Back to All Topics
Beyond a joke
Posted in 
Backgammon
Beyond a joke
Posted in 
Backgammon
Beyond a joke
I have been playing here for 10 years now, many as a subscriber, more fool me!  This is the last time I will pay these people. My bad luck cannot be random. I have a clear and obvious patterrn of wins and loses, far too often to be just bad luck.  How is it that I can have a run of 'luck' and get to just over 200 points and then after the next 20 games over 3 days I am down to 0 points?  This happens so often. I used to enjoy this game but it is just driving me potty now.
Can someone suggest a fairer game?
🙃
Good morning scope,
I recently stumbled over an older but very interesting post from a FlyOrDie operator, which might be of interest for you as well.  
The man put a lot of time and effort into this posting. I find it excellent.

Here -->  
https://www.flyordie.com/forum/201645?s=hn

Wishing you a nice day, good games 
and good luck!
John
❤️
As someone who has played 600+ backgammon games, I have to agree that the system is flawed.
Even when I'm forced to split or when splitting is the best move, my opponent gets a winning roll (such as a double) that puts me on the bar and makes it difficult for me to re-enter, even if their previous position wasn't good 80% of the time.

All we have to do is just hope for the best and not lose a gammon lol.
I am new and immediately noticed that the interpretation in random numbers were not very clever.
The numbers are not random. Several coders have spoken out about the lack of randomness. Of course, they work for different companies now after they were let go.