« Back to All Topics
browser fault
Posted in 
General
browser fault
Posted in 
General
browser fault
when i try and open tanx to play a game or any other browser game on fly, i get the message 'If you see this text your browser might not support features required by this game or you have disabled them.
Please check out our support pages available at www.flyordie.com.' and i dunno how to fix the problem. could anyone help please 
Sorry, I get the same thing,I've been trying to figure it out for over a week and can't. If you do please let me know.
delete temp files and cookies
and have you checked the support pages? There is a section for this message. You have to enable javascript if you disabled it. Disable/remove Norton Internet Security or any other similar security software which automatically changes html pages in the background. You have to clear your browser cache after that.
I've done all that and more. I keep getting this page cannot be displayed messages, and unknown source messages from java.
It seems to me that you talk about a different error message. You may want to send a screenshot to support@flyordie.com. 
Btw. do you have Norton Internet Security installed?
Hi Dshk,    Norton is disabled and I have 2 or 3 servers = Int. Explorer, Netscape, Icq, Adelphia (isp high speed cable, sb4100 modem, Dell 4550, 56k). I really have tried everything. STUMPED!!!! 1 master password, cookies enabled, spam blockers off, cleared cache.....about 70 times!!! Restarted, shut down and restarted, updated Java, enabled java, I'm the only user. Did I miss anything? Oh and HANIBALL? I know what mIrc is now!! LOL
If I were you I would completely uninstall Norton Security. And don't forget that you have to enable _javascript_ not only java. These two are completely different things. It is enabled by default, as it is used by most sites, but you or these security softwares may disabled it.
btw. we still don't know what is the exact error message you get and where you get it.
Okay, In internet explorer I get "The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The web sight might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may have to adjust your browser settings". This is displayed on the "white page o'you can't go there". 
  In Netscape and Icq I get, "The operation timed out when attempting to contact larkinor. flyordie.com. This is elegantly displayed in a dialogue box On the "black page o' death". 
    I know this is probably some little stupid thing but it's driving me nuts!! I've done the Java update's and installed Java 1.4.2. I've enabled scripting, no Norton, cookies on, The whole bit.
   You guys are geniouses for all the ideas you've come up with! Thank you and keep trying, Please!!