« Back to All Topics
Again, PC GAME PROBLEMS
Posted in 
Tanx
Again, PC GAME PROBLEMS
Posted in 
Tanx
Again, PC GAME PROBLEMS
Well, this is just unbelievable to me, how come I pay for this game, and in the PC GAME version of it, I lag??

I lag whenever :
1. Someone says something to me in private for the first time.
2. Whevever someone joins my op, either to watch or play in it.
3. There are times that whenever I try to shoot, it will stop, and I can't do a thing, and when it comes back, I am already dead.

This happens often, but there are two lag types :
-A short any annoying lag, that freezes tanx for .5 seconds, even less, happens to me very OFTEN.

-A long and frustrating lag, that freezes tanx for more than a minute, it varies from 30 seconds to even two minutes, when I come back, I am dead, or even being attacked again, ready to die again because of that lag.

I pay this game, I've talked to Moderators, ppl who want to help me, oh well.......
This all started on the day of the Snow Tourny....

Yesterday, this happened to some PC game Players too, such as 
devastator
MexicanRebel

They were experiencing lag issues just like myself, and I assure you they cant take any more of this
Plus, all of us pay the game,...

This doesn't seem 'lag-free' anymore....

Is this happening to anyone else other than devastator and Mexican?
Cuz I assure you, this is my favorite game, and this really annoys me to not be able to enjoy something you love....

Don't know about others, but I have checked my PC for viruses, I've defragmented this twice in less than 3 weeks, I checked for errors in a command here, I've cleaned my cookies and Temporary Files....

The only things I didn't do is : buy some RAM, nor install Windows XP Professional....

IS MY MONEY SUPPOSED TO BE SPENT ON LAG OR ENTERTAINMENT?
A lot of times the lag is created during the transmission between the flyordie servers and your computer.  Lag caused in this manner is not flyordie's responsibility, and if this is the case then I'm afraid you'll have to deal with it.

You can try to ping the servers to see how good your connection is.  If you are using Windows, then do the following steps:

Click Start
Click Run...
In the Open box, type 'cmd'
You should be taken to a black window with a prompt.
Type 'ping gs1.flyordie.com'

What you will want is to have 0% packet loss and ping times of no more than 500 ms.  Usually less than 300 will be good, any less is better.

if its really as bad as you are saying then why are you using the pc version and not the browser version?

The Web Browser way is worse, it has much more lag then what you can expect......

In the CMD prompt, I have a 0% loss, and: 
MINIMUM=57MS
MAXIMUM=61MS
AVERAGE=58MS

I just don't see why....
LMAO i played a game lastnight tho not on fod with an MS of 340 and i have BB :p