« Back to All Topics
THis is unfaire and should be delt with
Posted in 
Billiards
Posted in 
Billiards
Today i was banned for absolutly know reason. It say's Unsportsmanlike behavior. I got banned when i was away too so i didnt do anything. I am always a quiet person and polite. I say good luck before a game begins and i never curse. This is an unfaire thing and i think my ban should be withdrawn. FOD has gone a little to far with this and something should be done about it. If the computer made this ban then it needs to be fixed. I have won quite i few games today fairly and havnt lost that many. can this please be delt with?
Is unfair,  people are being banned for this as well.  Computer does not see the game and how the people try.  yes i know there are people who deliverably  are Unsportsman Like, but why do innincent people have to suffer cause of them.  Is not fair.
Yes i too know how u feel unfortunately there is a tendancy to ban the retaliator & not the instigator (i saw that in 8 ball today). U cant get banned for nothing um on 2nd thoughts maybe u can. suppose its who u talk to in the lobby. Seems that the quiet 1's r the bad guys. Maybe if there is a argument between 2 or more ppl they should all get banned not just the retaliators but i suppose its human nature cos the feeling of power can do funny things to people. 
Anyone who wishes to query a decision made by a Moderator must do so via email, and not via the forum.

Include the nickname involved, the reason for your query, and any other 
appropriate
 details.

Send all queries to 
moderator@flyordie.com

Things to remember when emailing the moderation team:

Offensive emails are simply deleted

Emails with insuficient information are unlikely to be actioned.

Veriac
(Flyordie Moderator)
anotha atack on tha mods :O im out of this one :( i did too many already :p
I already sent an email to the mods
Hey Veriac, just a small query - how does FoD feel about gamesmanship? Where is the line drawn for conversation to be considered as "unsportsmanlike behaviour"?
Hi Veriac nice to read your comment , now i have a question for you. I dont know if u remember banning my name a little while back & then u banned my other name permanently wen i asked u y it was banned. Ok no problem with that but to tell u the truth i wrote to moderator@flyordie to complain about u & guess wat? its about 2 mths ago & still no reply. Sorry m8 but its a bit like reporting the police to the police. Maybe u could post the site of the head office of fod that would make it a bit better an independant body that rules on these things + u could email the screenshot to the person involved so they could reply. Im not saying do it for every1 ........only those that feel they r being hard done by. Sheesh hope i dont get banned 4 asking u this question. Also another Question do mods just apply & get appointed ? or do u have to prove u have any people skills watsoever 1st?
The rules are very clear regarding people who log back in with another name after receiving a ban.

Putting it simply, it is not tolerated.

WILKO-apply for moderation, htey see if ur records clean, they watch u for a year, u good nd helpful and nice and all that otha gud stuff, 95% chance of makin it :) :p so thy do check you for stuff ;)
Thank you again 4 ur comment Veriac, but unfortunately u have only focused on the point of banning names wen ppl have already been banned with another nick. You skirted the issue of ppl who have a complaint about mod's behaviour , I asked is there somewhere else to put in any concerns(no reply from yourself ) Im so hoping that you are not in the business of looking after each other, because most organisations have independant bodies to rule on unresolved disputes. I see you failed in ur deriliction of duty to advise ppl who play & subscribe to FOD where they can appeal.Moderator@flyordie is run by moderators, which raises another question,are moderators above us players & not accountable to any1 but themselves for their actions? I think that if u think u r then ppl who become mod's r failing in their duty of care in the way they deal with players who pay good money to play on FOD. Please give these players who think they r being hard done by the email address (if u do know it) bcos i do know it , but i feel as u yourself decided to make comment u should also do ur duty & advise said players. 
Sorry guys not enough space in last message lol. Also the issue i asked about mod's was avoided about if u just apply & get accepted or is there some kind of ppl skill test involved? Also if we didnt have a forum ppl could get banned for all kind of silly things & no1 would know.
 Pls dont think im mod bashing but i feel that i have seen the retaliator banned & the instigator left alone because i feel wat is good for the goose is good for the gander...........get rid of both of em. Oh & ive never seen any1 who says hello to mods in lobby get banned which is ok im not saying dont but by the same token ive seen em swear & stuff .......then the person who retaliates gets banned
wilko maybe they dint ban whoeva started it becuz they dint get caught? or maybe only the retaliator was tha 1 cussin? :) if dat happens take scren shot and send it in, its np ;)or heres a slick way to do it :p every 5 minutes talk to them if they cuss take ss :) then go to a game come back say hi and they cuzz take another ss--etc... then send one ss in to moderator@flyordie.com and have them banned for 3 days--afta tha 3 days send in the second one nd have em banned again:p and so on..lol im evil :(
ALL
 queries regarding decisions should be sent to 
moderator@flyordie.com

Mails sent to that address are read by both Moderators and FlyOrDie Staff.

Hey Veriac, you never answered my question - where is the line drawn for conversation to be considered as "unsportsmanlike behaviour" as opposed to "gamesmanship"?

Rather than trying to enforce unclear guidlines, you should be encouraging people by helping them to know what is acceptable and what is not. It's human nature that some will push the limits, so at least draw the line before claiming that it has been overstepped. Doing this will also help you to answer critism when you may actually have acted in a completely fair way.
"unsportsmanship behaviour"

As moderators we are often asked this question, but it's a subjective question and hence has a subjective answer. The terms of Service lists the following under that category:

2. Cheating 

Any form of unsportsmanlike behaviour will not be tolerated, FlyOrDie reserves the right to reset points to zero for this offence. 

It includes: 

2.1 points banking 
2.2 operation jumping 
2.3 encouraging your opponent to leave the match 
2.4 intentionally loosing in favour of your opponent 
2.5 accepting your opponent's behaviour who is intentionally loosing 

3. Behaviour 

No player is allowed to direct personal attacks and/or vulgarity toward other players. You should be able to state your opinion without the use of inappropriate wording. 

The following are not tolerated: 

3.10 Behaviour that interferes other's reasonable interests. 
3.11 Using other's account 
3.12 Lending your nickname to other players (please also see 5.5) 

The key phrase int he above is "
It includes
". What this means is that we have listed the major, obvious ones for people already, but there are many other forms of unsportsmanship. Some of the others would include things such as:

Abusing a Bug to alter the outcome of games in your favour.
Deliberately making no attempts to pot balls
Flooding other peoples games
Using external programs to alter the outcome of games.

The above is just a sample. There are LOTS more situations that can be looked at as being unsportsman.

There is no hard and fast rule for determining where the line is drawn, other than with obvious things such as outright cheating. 

Each decision is made based on the 
first hand knowledge
 the Moderator in question has 
or from screenshots
 received via email.

Whilst it is regrettable, it does sometimes happen that someone recieves moderation actions for "retaliating" and the instigator does not. 

Moderators will act on direct evidence only. We will NOT take moderation actions against anyone simply because a players says "X said bad words to me". Many players are totally genuine with these statements, but some are not. In the interests of everyone concerned therefore, we may investigate someones behaviour after being informed of it, but will not take actions against them until we have ourselves seen proof that are indeed in breach of the rules.

When someone is rude to you, simply do the following:

1 - DO NOT RETALIATE OR ENGAGE IN FURTHER CONVERSATION WITH THEM
2 - Mute the person concerned
3 - Take a screenshot
4 - Send it to moderator@flyordie.com

As moderators we ask that you do NOT relatiate, because this is likely to lead to yourself receiving Moderation actions. Instead simply follow the instructions outlined above. 

A large number of people who receive a Demerit or ban, do so solely because they retaliated to someone else being rude

Veriac
(FlyOrDie Moderator)

ty again veriac ..........but i found that writing to 1x@solware is a much better result mod's judging other mod's is a bit too in house for me. As i said bit like the police judging the police. But unfortunately again u didnt answer my question on if a moderator must prove if they have people skills or just put in a application & get approved..........sorry guess that 1 was too hard, but ty for ur input.
Right ver writes...
The key phrase int he above is "It includes". What this means is that we have listed the major, obvious ones for people already, but there are many other forms of unsportsmanship. Some of the others would include things such as:

Abusing a Bug to alter the outcome of games in your favour.
Deliberately making no attempts to pot balls

Flooding other peoples games

Using external programs to alter the outcome of games.

yesterday i was playing kim1 when Magic Crown came in and started flooding when im shooting..so i told stream shs said send a shot in...so i did...then i see him and stream chatting away like best buddies...i ask her has she got it she says yes thx for that...then i ask why nothing is done she said that he only said ''WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAA'' but if you look at the email you can clearly see alot more than that..this is pure favouritism..he is a friend of hers and she wont ban him because of that and this is something flyordie need to sort out...above were ive stated in bold writing you say flooding is not tolerated? so im asking you to check you inbox and fix this appropiately like a fair moderator should do. please reply to this post and tell me what YOU think..this is a perfect example of favouritism and if you dont agree then i guess your one of streams buddies 2.!:|
This is the shot i sent to moderator@flyordie.com...if only i took one of stream saying there was only one line.
on defense of not gettin banned
-he was trelling kim1 to make it so they cud win
-givin them inspiration and confidence of their shot

to put in 3 days :)
-throwing off their shot
-flooding
-distracting

and there is a mute buton to put him on
AND that behavior is not acceptable :)

BANNED UL CASE CLOSED :P
i was tryin to concentrate then he runs in flooding and i wanted sum1 to win i wudnt go WHOOOOO YAY MAKE IT MAKE IT  bla bla id keep quiet or maybe say go on m8 when other person is shooting...thx for your comment but how can you defend this? theres no way.
i forgot to say after that kim1 left the game saying i am not playing with him doing that...then she left thats what annoyed me
im not defendin im playin a role on both sides :(
Wow, what a comotion i put up on this forum lol . I agree what No_1.. is  saying that sounds like favortism to me
thx alot now lets see if the moderators do there job properly here and do whats right for flyordie.

so which mods gonna reply to this? not surprising if all my posts here are deleted or the whole topic and maybe a 3 day ban for me

have a nice day :D
I have been using this site for a few years now and the growing numbers of complaints about unsportsmanship within games is kinda getting out of hand, personally i mute all spectators at the start of a game if i deem it necessary, however what im more disturbed about is the constant swearing and abuse that goes on in the lobby of nearly all the rooms this im glad to say always seems to stop when a MOD is presant which shows they do have some form of control..I in the past say couple of weeks have taken on average 15 - 20 Screen shots of abuse and bad language mainly by ~0 or low rated players but if more people took Screen shots and sent them in to Moderator@flyordie.com we can clean this place up and make it better again for everyone..
Take care all and play fair..
Chris..
Hey Chris, I hope you never end up in my local - you'd be shocked :D
Hi Beppe, lol probably wouldn't have time to get to your local as i run a pub myself..cheers bud have fun..
Chris
Theres one problem with take pics. I have a software that takes pics but the mods cant accept these because they only accept jpg ect but not bmps. And other ppl dont no where to download the stuff ither. 
Just press the button next to Scroll Lock and then paste into Paint and save it as a jpeg it aint that hard :)
If you hold "ALT" and then press "Print Screen" you will take a screenshot of the active window only (make sure it's the FOD window). You can then open Paint, paste the image and save it as jpeg.
oh Veriac as i said the police taking action on the police sounds a bit suspicious 2 me oh well sry my friend but its starting to sound like a broken record this moderator@flyordie stuff. Why just not say [Content Removed] anyway im getting bored with the same site being advertised i can c u guys r lookin out for each other good luck & have fun
never query a ban, just means you get banned all the time from now on!!!!
The secret is to query it nicely!
*politely I mean. Do apologise...
*Chuckles*

Oh sorry, just enjoying some blasts from the past.