« Back to All Topics
A breakthrough im Moderation
Posted in 
Dear Moderators
Posted in 
Dear Moderators
Well I would like to say well done to Snookerman.........

Although I was very angry to start with and still feel sorry for snookerplayer.......In hindsight I wish more mods would act if a demerited players breaks the rules in any way.

Having a demerit should put you on a sort of probation where any further bad behaviour results in a severe punishment and not the freedom to abuse any poor soul stupid enough to unmute them.

I would like to say a big thank you to Snooker man and Veriac for all their hard work and hope they stay here for a long time to come!!!! 

One more thing.......and I am guilty of this myself......any one person or group of people who hound a mod to the point of despair should be ashamed of themselves and should take time out and rem the good they do.....

Sorry Mike

Max
I to agree with the desicion made by snookerman if a person has a demerit then it should be as a warning to behave, and not a permission sign to swear and give racial abuse at random ! 
                       MR PLOP 
I do agree with u max mods do get treated unfair for doing there job and if someone gets a ban it must be for a good reason i also have been unfair to a mod when i got baned but the truth is it was my falt no his sorry mike 
steph
It's good to see you are growing up ;)!

I've had my war with a few of the mods over the past year and a half and I've learned, more recently, that there job isn't easy and it's not they are who to be blamed, but ourselves. I was in the lobby when Mike was being abused, I think I am correct to say abused, and it was out of order.

If you have any queries contact moderator@flyordie.com and it will be dealt with in private, not in front of a lobby full of hungry wolves.
What is this post all about ??

If a player has a demerit and is muted the people that unmute him should excpect to be harrassed. The demerited player should not get a further punishment the player who unmuted him is just guilty of stupidity.
In a way you are right Snipe - if you open a pressure pot, what do you expect? However, I think I have to side with the others here. A demerit should be a warning, and if a player can't take the hint that he or she needs to learn some common decency then they should have their ID removed.

At the end of the day there are other chat rooms where people can go to talk as they want. In FoD not everyone wants to hear abuse, and it's also against T&C agreed when you sign up. People constantly breaking T&C should be banned for life.
What is this post all about ??

If a player has a demerit and is muted the people that unmute him should excpect to be harrassed. The demerited player should not get a further punishment the player who unmuted him is just guilty of stupidity.

above is what snipe said, the other day i sent an email to FlyOrDie of a demerited player abusing me and i got this reply from the moderator@flyordie.com addy

any player that removes the mute of a player already punished will recieve
 no assistance. It was placed there to keep the player mute because the player was bad. It was your choice to unmute what we had declared a bad player. 

now snooker player is a demerited player last week he got banned for saying ' i know how to boot ' off Snookerman and he received a 3 day ban and a 1 month demerit, now last night he was playing Stephen Hendry when Snookerman came in and stephen and snooker were both saying they are better than each other...then snooker player says gg and snookerman says thats unsportsmanlike snooker...but after snookerman said that Stephen said vgg m8 and after that he said very* again...so snooker player says to snookerman he just said it and he has a screenshot of this but is ignored and 3 day banned...a ban for saying gg, saying gg is now unsportsmanlike ? and his opponent said it straight after but was not banned and snookerman unmuted a demerited player...now snooker player is ip banned from the site...this was also a subscribed name which was only made 2 weeks ago! post your opinions on this.
And machisbo when was snookerman abused in lobby? please explain
surprised magician didnt show up for this yet 

he stated that if you unmute a demerited player dont bother complaining reported for harassment or profanity
repeating what snipe said was also said by magician..
YOU SHOULD EXPECT THIS BEHAVIOR

so understand? :) 
Is it in the T&C that a demerited player has different rules from other players when he or she is unmuted? When you tick that box to accept the rules, you should abide by the rules or face the consequences. This includes demerited players.
If your going by the rules then.......

You can say fuck and shit all you want.

There is no rule against swearing.

Only Harrassing and abusing your opponent by swearing is wroung, so just play shit isnt wroung, but giving sombody shit is wroung.

PS Beppe there is no such thing as a T&C that way be why you cant find anything.
Terms and Conditions = The Rules

It describes the rules as being for "All Players", not "All Players (except those with demerits who have been unmuted)".

By registering as a user of FlyOrDie games you accept the conditions of the rules, so why do you (Snipe and others) now question them? Unmuted players have no extra rights, whilst players unmuting have no less rights to freedom from abuse.

Vulgar Language usually refers to the the communication of vulgar language - even where there are mispellings or the use of *s. FoD will clarify their stance, I have never cared what someone says. If someone does take offence though, then they are free to report it - and FoD have the right to take action if they think it is necessary.

Whether I agree with the fairness of the rules or not is neither here nor there - the simple fact is that they are there and you have agreed to them.
The Mods have cleared this up.

This has come up many of times in the past and they have said....

Un-mute the players at you own risk

Meaning if you unmuted them dont go complaining because they mods already know they broke the rules.

Beppe why do you keep hitting this dead post with a hammer? Your not going to change anything.

Nobody deserves to be abused thats why they are demerit so they cant abuse people.

Further punishment does nothing. I know a player on this game that has 150 perm banned nicks and you know what he was on yesterday having a nice civil conversation with me and the mods.
Snipe, I am merely pointing out that the rules don't allow for abuse by unmuted players. If the moderators choose to allow it to happen that's up to them, but according to the rules which we have all agreed to - abuse by ALL PLAYERS IRRELEVENT OF MUTE STATUS can be reported and dealt with. It's not a dead post because you happen to think otherwise.

The moderators have the discretion not to deal with it, but beyond that you are incorrect until the FoD rules are changed.
your going offtopic though i was demerited but i was not abusing anyone just having a game till he came in and started. i abused nobody in any way, shape or form and why i was banned...its because a certain mod dislikes me thats why!
Beppe I have a question for you why do you un-mute demerited players?
Scotty, Mike wasn't being abused by one individual but by a handful of people giving cheek and complaining. One man can't give everyone all the answers. And it's not like they were being patient and polite with him. Agree?

Still, I find it funny how moderators say, 'Unmute him at your own risk'. So does mean that the demerited players don't get a ban for abuse because it's our fault for unmuting them in the first place? Well, it's funny how Scotty was muted yet he got banned for saying 'gg'.

I think the main reason there are arguements between players is because there's no consistancy. It's either, 1) 
all demerit players get banned for any possible panishment reasons
 or 2) 
none of them get punished
. They should be all treated the same.

I prefer option 1 myself. A demerit doesn't give the player an excuse to abuse anyone. Also, sometimes a demerited player isn't always muted when you go into their games for example.
So do you think i am in the wrong...

check bck tomorrow night all ;)
You can't comment unless you know all the facts...sorry!
I tell you what Snipe - if the moderators have cleared this up, then why is no one replying to this post in an official capacity to say that the rules do not apply to unmuted players?

Veriac and co, what do you say?
I Have To Agree With Snipe. Look , No-one Is That Stupid On This Site That They Don't Know By Now What A Demerit Is And Its Effect. As For Further Abuse To A Moderator Well I Think It's Been delt With In The Appropriate Manner Whether It's A Subbed Name Or Not.

errOr

P.S Is Magician Still Alive ? :p
So errOr, are you also saying that a person with a demerit does not have to follow FoD rules? Let me put this straight to you - at no point has a moderator or any other FoD representative expressed that what you and Snipe are saying is true. Until they do, the rules which we have all agreed with have to take precedence. Therefore if you unmute someone, they still have to behave. Constant posting with other suggestions WILL NOT CHANGE THAT TRUTH.
Man when do you get this into your head...i was doing nothing wrong i was playing a game like ive said and said gg then snookerman says thats unsportsmanlike snooker and boom im banned. why did he come in my game and unmute me anyway when the mods emailed me last week saying you SHOULD NOT unmute demerited players!
hey Beppe you're wrong
Magician already stated that if you unmute a demerited player and they are abusive don't bother complaining
i would look it up but i don't have the time right now..
look for it in Dear Moderatores Section
Hey Xtreme, if you think I am talking against you then I would like to clarify that I am not. I have no idea of what happened to you. If it wasn't fair, then I am sorry to hear that friend.

Concept - I don't care about what you or Snipe think you have been told. The rules are simple, and they do not specify that unmuted players are exempt. I doubt any moderator will post in here telling you otherwise, because like myself they have read the rules:

http://www.flyordie.com/games/help/moderation.html

A moderator doesn't have to uphold a complaint though, which is where you might be getting confused. It is suggested that you mute ANY offensive player, but there is no discrimination in the rules about the punishment being relevant to the player status. Do you get this yet?
do you understand what i'm trying to tell you? 

>>>"at no point has a moderator or any other FoD representative expressed that what you and Snipe are saying is true."

^^see that? in your other post?
that is where you are wrong..
Just because a moderator recommends you to keep a demerited player muted doesn't mean he/she can't get banned for breaking rules. I agree with Beppe. A demerit doesn't give that player a license to abuse any other player or break any rule without punishment. In fact, I think that any demerit player who breaks a rule should be treated alot tougher. 

I don't think it's right for a player to abuse whoever the hell he wants and then say with a smirk, "Well you shouldn't have unmuted me!" 
My apology, meaning to use heck instead of héll there FlyOrDie, sorry.
Unsportsmanlike behaviour 3 day ban month demerit for you sunshine..;
is calling you sunshine a bannable offence? bet snookerman could find a reason for it.

Concept, point me to the thread where that is true.
Ok Beppe I will

The following is a quote from long time Moderator Magician found in this the Billiards forum in a Thread labled 
? FOR MODS PLZ HELP

>>>"If your screenshot is of bad language from a demerited player you have unmuted, you are not likely to see any action from us. We demerit players because they have shown undesirable behavior, and if you see fit to unmute them, you can't really complain about how they act."

>>>"I believe that by and large, all moderators attempt to apply the rules with impartiality. Now matter how fair a moderator might be, there will always be someone that will disagree. Being a moderator is much like being a referee... it's impossible to please everyone."

>>>Mλgιcιλη
FlyOrDie Moderator

http://forum.flyordie.com/thread.jsp?forum=4&thread=7479&message=70105&q=4d6167696369616e#70105

Un-Mute them at your own risk

Snipe
yes that's it
good job Snipe ty :)
Sure, like I said - a moderator does not have to uphold a complaint, even if it is against the rules. Magician DOES NOT SAY that that the unmuted player is exempt from the rules, just that he doesn't follow up on complaints. I don't agree that his course of action is the right one, but that's his choice.

The rules DO NOT allow a demerited player any terms of exemption. If you really think you are right, why don't you quote the rules themselves? Is it because what you are saying is not written there?
I didnt say it was in the rules I just said your a dumbass if you unmute them.

* note just plain curssing is not against the rules either.
Sorry, vulgar language is against the rules. If plain cussing is not vulgar, then it's not against the rules.

Even if you are stupid enough to unmute a player, it doesn't mean that they shouldn't be puinished for breaking the rules again. In most legal systems and even professional sports, repeat offenders are often given increasing punishments. Why should it be different here?
this isnt a professional sport :p
I was using something you can relate to. At the end of the day everyone should be punished for vulgarity or else no one at all. There should be no discrimination, especially by being lax towards persistent offenders.
Apparently you didnt read the rules completly Beppe.

Offending a nick with
 vulgar language 

Being abusive by
 profanity or harassing. 

I dont think my profanity was offending or abusive.
Indeed, apologies for my mistake there Snipe - only vulgarities which offend a person is not tolerated by the rules. Let's settle this and move on:

* An unmuted person is included within this rule as much as any other person - FACT

* The moderators do not have to uphold any complaint, and some may tolerate unmuted abuse for whatever reason (for example Magician) - FACT

* We differ in our opinions of whether abuse from an unmuted player should be taken seriously or not. Right?
So your saying i can say this

Example

*O F*** i just set my kitchen on fire*

And this is Ok?

THIS IS JUST AN EXAMPLE IF A MODERATOR FEELS THIS IS WRONG PLEASE REMOVE THIS MESSAGE
look for the 
keywords

>>you are not likely to see any action 
from us
I guess that depends Xtreme - technically it is only a problem if the person is offended by the use of the vulgararity. I doubt many people, if anyone, would get offended by that and report it.

If someone were to be offended, it would be up to the discretion of the moderator. If it were me I would ban you for being an idiot - if I just set my kitchen on fire I wouldn't stop to tell someone about it ;)
If we draw a 
BIGGER
 circle,we can run around it longer,if you want ?
 If it were me I would ban you for being an idiot - if I just set my kitchen on fire I wouldn't stop to tell someone about it 

Dont call me an idiot Beppe, as you can clearly see i wrote EXAMPLE even in bold to make it stand out but only an Idiot cannot see that , You. 
I actually thought you was OK but after your last post i can see your Not.