moderators are ruining fly or die!!
Posted in 
Dear Moderators
Posted in 
Dear Moderators
Guys this is a joke right?

Your moderators are the most inconsistent and vindictive collection of little minds gathered anywhere outside of parliment. How can you justify their actions when people are swearing their heads off, and taunting the mods to boot them, these people stay, and others (yes I mean me)are booted for the most minor of infractions. If I say something like (hold your ears now) like git, prat, and OMG bastid, I'm gone NO WARNING!!

I'm sure the Brady Bunch have said worse!!

If you guys have to sanitise this site (ie drain any life from it) to turn a buck, then AT LEAST, PLEASE get some mods who act consistently rather then like a petulant pre-schooler who got made hall monitor.

What have you guys got to say for yourselves, because you guy hate getting criticism in the rooms.

Fly or Die is starting to suck..

[Edited by: DeputyDawg on Jan 8, 2003 12:03 AM]
Hey !!

Me again, interestingly I note that those potty words that got me booted from the room didn't get sanitised here in the forum. What was that again about... umm...
CONSISTENCY!!!

Fly or Die is REALLY beginning to suk
If you would read the terms and conditions , your potty mouth wouldnt get you to where you are now. Rules are rules here and they are to be followed. 

If you dont like something , you can always go elsewhere. Nothing is holding you back.

Wolverine
Realone Arcade Message Board Moderator

http://gamesforum.real.com/games
Actually I think you'll find foul mouthed individuals, cheaters and people that don't have any respect for other users are ruining FlyOrDie... And that's why the Mod's are there. 

Give them a chance to do their jobs, keep out of their way and you shouldn't have any cause to complain. If you play by the rules, don't use foul language or abuse anyone in the games and don't try and wind up the Mod's you'll have nothing to worry about. 

That pretty much go's for everyone. It's amazingly simple isn't it?! Funny how so many people have trouble with it though...
I think swearing in the forums is great! I'd like to see a whole lot more of it!
if swearing is such a problem here which it is why dont FlyOrDie just made a adult room for adults to play        
if adults like myself  wants to swear they can do so in the adult room only and nowhere else 
i  mean FlyOrDie you have got 3-4 rooms on most games and most are not in use most of the time  
it wont be hard for you to put the word ADULT next to the rooms young kids will know NOT to enter cos its for adult and could contain swearing etc etc....

p.s  not all moderators banned without any warning i've seen 1 so far dont banned without telling you to stop swearing a few times which that is a decend moderator and how it should be i am sure i dont need to name him cos he knows who he is

Mr Bishi you know what i wish u keep your crap to yourself you think you are doing the right thing telling peopleS to copy the chat whatever send it it to flyordie have you ever stop and think that there are idiots using this to try get ppls banned this is what they are doing they start on someone they dont like then they stop when they know the other person is really mad and swearing there head off then they copy only what other had said  and NOT them self SO WHY DONT YOU LET THE MODERATOR DO THERE WORK AND STOP DOING IT FOR THEM 
YOU NOSEY GIT
Some people just don't get it, do they Mr Bishi? Personally I agree with Mr B. and thank him for spelling it out so clearly... to most.

canTANKerous :)
Swearing is such a problem in the games because people think it's amusing and can get away with it. Just because you're reprisented by a username and are virtually anonymous, people seem to think that they can get away with murder. Put simply, you cannot. Do you honestly find swearing acceptable? Does anyone?

In real life I seem to swear every other word, and I know that it offends my friends and colleagues, so I' trying my best to stop swearing so much. I've just got used to doing it, because I've been doing it for so long. But that doesn't make it right. It's still offensive to people. However when I'm online, I like to show a touch of respect for my fellow gamers. I really don't feel the need to swear every five minutes, I find that I can articulate myself quite adequately without cussing other people up. 

The games don't need to be made 'adult' because there is no need for it. Just because there are individuals that think it's cool to abuse other users, and that think the use of foul and abusive language is okay doesn't mean that there needs to be a seperate room for it. It needs to be stopped. 

And on the subject of copying the screen and sending it to the Mod's for eveidence, I really don't see what your problem is. If you are found to be abusing another user on the games, and are caught, then expect the appropraite punishment. Most people should have nothing to fear.

And I'm not about to stop helping the Mod's with their jobs just because people don't like it. I'm actually enjoying the immense amount of abuse that get's thrown my way as a result of my postings on the forum. It shows that people are taking notice. Only yesterday I had someone threatening to 'hack' my computer as a result of my reply to LilGene's 
PLZ READ
 topic. Thanks for taking the time to A) Read it all and B) Come and find me and threaten me. I'm touched. No really I am.

All I'm trying to do is be a valued member of the online community we have here. If that means that people are going to 'cuss me up' for my views then so be it. As long as one person get's some use out of my ramblings on here, then I'll be happy. 

Fin.
No I didn't mean to post that twice. Must have been a glitch somewhere. Any of the Mod's want to delete one of those for me please? 

Thank you Daddy!
Chrissakes people...

Do you even read these posts or do you have your responses pre-loaded and ready to go?

OK, Yes it is fair enough that moderators peform their jobs so that all the gamers have a comfortable environment..

No, I don't think that swearing around those who are disturbed by it is acceptable...

But, there are degrees of abuse, and, yes, swearing that the mods seem oblivious to. All I am asking for is (that word again) CONSISTENCY!! Dont allow the morons to swear their heads off, and boot people who have light hearted jabs at people. It makes the moderators 
seem
to be doing a difficult job badly. You mods have discretion, nothing stopping you from using it.

That's all I'm saying...

hey forget it they dont listen to anyone unless u do some kissing know what i mean

.....  it's amazing to me how many users seem to forget or ignore who owns and operates this site.. and that they (the owners) have established RULES OF USE to be observed by ALL who visit here..... 
As I have suggested in previous postings..... to those parties that have a problem with observing the set rules of use.....for any of the games on FlyOrDie.....   they really should look for another site to visit..... moderators have been selected by the FlyOrDie executives to perform a task... and that is to make all of the games they provide a fun, family oriented environment to enjoy and return to.... They expect nothing less... as well as the subscribers who have payed to play the games expect nothing less.... those users who think vulgar language and / or offensive and insulting comments are ok here.....  are sadly mistaken.
on a personal note....  as long as I am a moderator here..... I will do my very best to perform the duties assigned to me to the best of my abilities..... in accordance with the published rules of use located in the help pages of every game.

regards,
ĞĤŌSŢ ŖIDЄŖ ωG

[img=
http://virtualsolarsystem.com/mercury/webwizard/ghostmp.png
]
wel, now tht was very well said:p
OK Ghost you're right no problem.

My Issue with the way the mods are doing their job is the inconsistency. They are not booting some people who seem to be swearing constantly, and are booting people for doing a lot less. Or have done anyway. Disparity, and inconsistency. You've got rules... No problem, as long as they apply to everyone equally.

hey again!!

This is the last I've got to say on the matter.

Just want to apologise for the unflattering comments I made about the mods in my 1st post. what can I say I was annoyed.It's a difficult job, but ease up...

Cheers 

Thanks BB, apologies accepted... 

BTW, nice fanny kissing job too.. lol (wink)

canTANKerous  :D 

I think personally moderators r cool especially streamline if you agree go to the general discussion and write somethin nice about her ;) im the author of the message....

to be honest the moderators are there to keep rule breaking offenders in line which is quite admirable ;)

Thats y i wanted to become part of the team of moderators good luck to u MODS you guys have a very tough time i kno i get headaches from people on here online :p lol

Yours Faithfully 
_dark_raider_
streamline is a good mod dark but you dont have to say it in all of your posts
hey Tank et al...

Thanx for wiping out my initial response to this post.
Just to re-state what I said...

Tank as a mod your response to my apology is ungracious, unprofessional, and childish.

If anything you're just helping illustrate my point.

All people should treat others in a respectable manner! Do you consider cursing as showing respect? 
SunDown
Wow.  Brady Bunch was cancelled in the 70's.  Wonder why.  To ere is to be human. Be patient. All will work out for the best. You know the saying *Trial and Error*
The moderators are inconsistent and it makes FOD look like hypocrites. If you are going to have rules then apply them consistantly.
I play in the pool / snooker rooms a lot where you are penalised for swearing. Which is fine, I understand that people of all ages come and play in those rooms. 

But seriously, I think the definition of what constitutes swearing needs looking at. It's getting to the stage where you are afraid to chat in case you stumble upon some unsuspected impermissable and your whole post gets reduced to 'oops'.

Some laughable examples are hell, sperm and penis. Those latter two are biological terms for Christ's sake (which is a another phrase I probably wouldn't get away with!)

Oh that's hilarious, they've been edited out here also!

OK then I will spell it out for you. The deleted and utterly innocuous words were [content removed]

[Edited by: RalphTheDog on Oct 22, 2008 5:46 PM]
Was there really any need to drag a 5 year old post up, a complaint topic of your own would have sufficed :p

And I understand your point but in fairness I don't think the majority of users on FOD would use those words in a neutral way (The last two anyway). I hardly see intense biological debate about flagellated cells or conversations about a certain Freudian "envy" complex 
that
 regularly in the lobby... :)
Its 5 years old but still an interesting read, Our long lost Bishi's in it and a 16 year old me :|
I agree and very well said to both Ghost MP (How in the WORLD have you been-long time no see-how is the radio site going?!!!) and Mr. Bishi, who so eloquently put into words EXACTLY what I feel myself as a member of this site.

I applaud both of you and I think that UnbeatableNovice, you need to just shut your trap, follow the rules, and get a life...with all due respect.

It makes me angry to hear people whining and arguing about this when the rules are very clear, and I have seen many many Mods warn before booting someone or demeriting them. I think that giving a warning before a demerit or a boot or a ban is just a courtesy, and the Mods DON'T have to do it. If you break the rules...you are punished for it.

It is that simple! Don't break the rules...and watch how you won't get in trouble! If you see someone else breaking rules...Screen Shot it (I KNOW there are many topics on this already here!), and send it in to:

http://games.flyordie.com/s/reportAbuse.html?portal=flyordie_com&lang=en

Thanks for hearing me out...I am out of here to get my tail whupped in 8-ball pool now. :p

Peace out.
~LittleEarthAngel~
I guess some people are too stupid to realise how old a topic is, and reply to it as if it was made yesterday.
all i hear is "wahhhh wahhh wahhhh"
ghost m8 i will back that  100% but now it's needed again to sort the  site back to good again and get rid of all the lingering ppl thats on ban evasion. it might not be good for site with less ppl around  but id rather have less trouble  so that new kids playing dont have to put up with all the nonscense thats going on at the moment
Sorry I don't know where to post this query> but can anyone please let me know why the servers run slow or get disconnected. It spoils the fun of the game. Is there anyway this can be speeded up?

I Think They Are Working On It 

Thanks 
       Southern 10

Flyordie-Fansite Owner.

http://flyordie-fansite.co.nr/
LOOK MATE.. I  KNOW WHAT YOUR FEELING,, I HAVE SUFFERED RACIAL ABUSE HAD MY FAMILY THREATENED TO BE  KILLED..  YOU NAME IT I HAVE HAD IT.. I ALSO GIVE THESE IDIOTS IT BACK BECAUSE THE MODERATORS FAIL IN THERE DUTY(THERE IS 1 OR 2 DECENT MODS)BUT WE MUST REMEMBER IT IS VOLUNTARY AND SOME TIMES THERE IS LOADS ON AND SOMETIMES VERY FEW MUTE BUTTON IS A GOOD THING USE IT 
GHOST YOUR A FAIR  PERSON.. BUT I CANNOT HELP MYSELF WHEN SOME ONE ABUSES ME I AM NOT BOTHERED IF I GET CHUCKED I WILL NOT COME BACK  BUT THE PEOPLE THAT ABUSED ME DESERVE PUNISHMENT ALSO (CANUCKFLYHIGH) IS 1 CALLING ME A TERRORIST.AND TELLING ME TOO FLY A PLANE INTO A BUILDING .....WOULD NOT MIND BUT I AM WHITE AMD NOT A MUSLIM...OHHHHHHHHHHHHH AND BY THE WAY HE WANTS TOO PISS ON ALLAHS HEAD
Its now seven,,,7,,,years old this post !!!

You really must learn .

;)
Hi all. I am Grant, aka geelong6, and for those who do not know me, i am one of the moderation team here in flyordie.

I am compelled to write this in respect of a newspaper article here in australia regarding 2 teenagers deaths, by suicide as a direct result of cyber bullying.

I KNOW I SPEAK FOR ALL THE MODS THAT WE WOULD MUCH RATHER GO INTO A LOBBY, AND HAVE A GAME WITH OUT HAVING TO DEM SOMEONE OR BAN EM.

The net is a wonderful thing but also it has a sinister side that allows ppl to be subjected to abuse etc, which im sure @ least 70% would not be said if the persons involved were chatting face to face. It has made many young ppl learn too fast about our world and consequently
they think anything goes, so to speak.

In short what im trying to get users to do is, just ignore the instigator or abuser, mute them and dont give them the satisfaction of seeing you upset. By all means [url=
http://www.flyordie.com/games/help/support/screenshot.html
]send an ss
/url]

How many more innocent lives will be lost b4 we do something about this?

Next time you hear about info like this it could be yr brother, sister nephew niece.

When i first played in fod back in 05 there wasnt much abuse as now. Now its getting out of hand. :s

Ive had a threat made against me just bc i banned them. Is that really the way we were bought up? I cert dont think so.

So after you have read this, think about it, act on it and lets make flyordie a nicer place to play. ty vm
if u agree , disagree pls reply to this and ty for yr time in reading                        regards Grant.

[Edited by: Veriac on 15-Jun-2010 22:13]
Nicely said Grant.
---------------------------------------------
>I think you will need to edit that link you put up tho.
>Then edit this.LoL.
-----------------------------------------------

;)