« Back to All Topics
running
Posted in 
Billiards
running
Posted in 
Billiards
running
running has ruined this site and driven all the best players off.

get it fixed flyordie and stop ignoring our posts!!!!

bo3 button is NEEDED

ty
I agree with you Scott, something needs to be done to stop people from running.

What I really hate is you can spot a runner a mile off, you enter into a game with them and then there's that all-to-familiar silence, they dont say good luck or ask if you want one game or best of three or whatever. They just play with the intention of winning and then leaving. All they are care about is their points. They're in love with them. Points on a computer game mean more to them than being polite, friendly and sportsmanlike!

How sad is that?

It's people like these that ruin the game for everyone else.

The only time I will leave after one game is if the opponent doesn't say anything, because I know they're out to run themselves, if best of three is agreed on I will play best of three (even if I'm playing some moaning crying baby I will still play best of three with them -- even though usually if they win they will run anyway)

;\

I think a best of three button is a great idea.

Indeed. What I thought was extremely funny was I was playing a guy earlier, can't remember his name. I smashed pack on second shot of game as players like that seem to not like breaking and just tap it to give it to you ( !?! ). Anyway, smashed pack, black in and HE RUNS. What's the point? There was no fun in that game whatsoever for him, I just didnt get it ! Grrrr !
I agree that a BO3 agreement button should be made as well...many of us do as from a previous post that had many votes for Yes. 

Raver, I use to always come into a game saying Hi and Goodluck. But I would say about one month ago...I stopped doing that. For one thing...If I say hi and good luck and do not get a polite response back, its rude and I just don't want to deal with that situation, so I do not say it at all anymore...rarely, unless the opponent says it first now. I also do not offer BO3 anymore or accept BO3 anymore when posed with the question. Because it is rude for someone to agree to my question of BO3 and leave after they win. And also rude if I agree to their's but they leave anyway. Another situation where I remain silent now. The ONLY time I play a best of three now is if I am the first person to win the game. Then I stick around hoping we can finish it out, a best of three. So, if I win game 1 then you are guaranteed a best of three. But If I lose the first game, I just leave, because I do not want to deal with runners...I don't even give them the chance. It's been a lot less stressful this way.

But anyway, not everyone that does not say hi and gl or is polite from the get go...runs. 

YAY for best of three button.

I kinda think it would be cool to have a little mini pool picture with the six pockets too at the right menu where that weird palm print is. Then you can click on which pocket you are going for so the opponent and you know what's meant to happen. And if you fluke, I dunno, you get ball in hand or something.
Yes it is but the Raver, all people who complain about runners are upset about points... True though

BO3 BUTTON :D

Pleaseeeeeee
i Fully back this idea scotty boy! i hate runners and when people get agressive on the game is often because of these runners! i have a had a few demerits:$ but they have all been because i have got angry with a runner and not been able to control my language:| so if this was agreed i think that not only the players that dont run will be happy, but there wil be a lot less agression, meaning the rooms will be a frendlier more happy place:) ty:D
@Zeolo : That sucks dude. :(

@srs073181 : I understand exactly where you're coming from bud :D

@-Hiтмαŋ-  :Personally it's not the loss of the points that gets to me it's the principle of the thing. I dont mind losing to fair players. :D
ty hara for taking my topic into more depth i think with all the income flyordie is getting it will not be difficult to add a bo3 button and then trademark it with "henry 14" :D
or even better everytime to click bo3 it should say thank you henry :D
again, no one should be obligated to play more than 1 game.  but if there was a bo3 button and they click it, then now there obligated.  i like the idea but i can see where that might cause some negative discussions.  
Running hasn't ruined the site, and nor is it a "problem" if they do - people are entitled to just play one game. There are many lower rated people who will not run on you Hara ;)

Actually, I agree that a BO3 option is a good idea. That way you play the games you want, and if that is a BO3 challenge then so be it. Without an option we can't moan if someone runs, but with it they 
can't
 run :D
everone is lower rated than me

and everyone runs
only joking but.......

people do get fed up of the sad kids on this site, and they are the people who run, and it has driven away some of the greatest players and i dont feel it should be accepted
Running didn't drive me away :p
It's not so much the running after one game (following the typical silence of the runner) that annoys me.  It's the player who asks for a BO3 in the lobby, then runs after the first game.  Or better yet, the player who asks for a "BO3 fair" in the nineball lobby, then combos the nine on the first foul and runs.  That's annoying...

Add my name to the list of people who want the BO3 button.  I'd also like to see a "phone a friend" button when I need someone to take a hard shot for me:)
I agree with alot of what everyones saying. But theres a simple answer to all this dont agree shit with anybody ie BO1 BO3. Cause there are too many girths that play.

People say that all these runners care about is there points!! Aint that what this games about, everyone playing want the crown dont they, and anybody who says i only ever play for fun is a liar, cause no-one would turn the crown down if offered. If you needed just one win to get the crown and you had agreed a BO3 and one the first. How many of you play the second or third game???

Cause it really pisses me off when people say its only a game. If it was only a game then they wouldn't keep score would they.

Finally now if anyone thinks (and I cant see why) that I am a runner anyone is welcome to check my record to see that I have NEVER run.

reer27 ~ I've played like a thousand games probably here at FOD. And well, sometimes people just get to the point where...really it is just for fun now.

I play for fun :p My rating and the number of games I've played will show you that. Half of the time it's just nice to meet some of the other folks here.

I don't think half the people here even care about getting the crown either.

Guess whoes BAAAACK?!! 
This is too funny Hara . . .I posted this numerous times and even emailed the FOD programmer/developer about this many times, but none to avail. GL in trying to get that BO3 Button put in. Your lucky I haven't subbed yet, or there would be no competition left on FOD. Only domination from yours truely. LOL

"Lone in winning"
"Lone on the top"
-Loneshark-
sorry would love to stay and chat but i gta RUN

LOL
A BO3 button is pointless.
Don't any of you realise that if you play someone that doesn't want BO3 they won't press this button and so you will only get 1 game with them anyway.
Only the so called 'fair' players will ever press this button and they are the ones that are gonna play BO3 anyway.
With a BO3 button are you suggesting that when someone challenges you and you accept you will both go to the table and then you are gonna wait till both have pressed the BO3 b4 you are gonna play at all?
An easier way would be to accept that every game could be BO1 and if you get beat and ur opponent will stay for another game or 2 then you should be happy, if not, thats life, you'll just have to make sure you don't lose if you don't like it.
If you get thrashed 1st game and you don't want to play BO3 cos you wanna keep ur points then you ain't got any choice but to stay for another game if you both pressed the BO3 to start with.
As usual, everybody shouting cos they lost without really thinking about what they're shouting.
No it wud be more like " Srs " challenges you to bo3 accept or decline so u have to play bo3 and untill its 2-1 or 2-0 no1 can leave 
Yea, I think the option would occur before you go to the table for your match or matches. It would be on the challenge window possibly as an option. From there one can refuse or agree beforehand.
good point 2of3, but most of these play 8ball i think if they were to bring this then do it for 8ball,9ball cause pro you might have to leave and normal snook which take longer.
I AGREE PEOPLE THAT A GREAT IDEA 

i think its a grwat idea because i can get my ratin up even higher that way theyfluke and run in 9 ball i had over 500 pts the bout 3 weeks ago since all the runners have come up i only have 300+ now

put my name down for it:D
I hear you people say a silent player is a runner, i'm silent in everygame i play (WHY) because i cant stand the total crap what people say (ie)  gg ..your mom..lucky, the list goes on and on, i'm no runner,i'm on about 500 point's and many people on alot more point's seem to do most of the running,so let's not put down the lower end of the score board to blame here,seem's to me the point hungry guy's need a best of three game's button so you dont lose so many point's.
bit simple realy look at there info but i agree should be a bo3 button:)
chances are that the people you call runners would never press the bo3 button anyway.

over 90% of games are one offs

it has no reflection on a persons politeness

some people just want a quick game not an hour long session.

the bo3 button would keep you on the computer for over an hour, and with some of the stalles you get here it would be open to abuse, people counting on you conceding and then they would win 3 games of points.

if you want best of three just ask for it, thats what the chat bar is for surely
Captain, I think most of the requests for bo3 are for 9 and 8 ball not snooker. You're points are still well taken though. I just don't see the point in a bo3 button. What I would rather see is less whining about rules that don't exist in the first place. I play bo3 every time unless I'm being abused simply out of respect for others, but you won't catch me wasting my time arguing when someone leaves a match. All the arguing does is breed more hatred and abuse. Grow up people. It's a game on the internet.
i changed my mind now:p couldnt care less bout a bo3 button... i realise the world is nicer without careing about points.
how fickle are you?

it occurs to me people who say 'runner' are talking about an incident where they have lost the game and want to try to win back their points with a rematch.

or they have won the game and want more easy points

or the more unlikely situation where they had such a close game that they enjoyed it so much they want another.

how can anyone get upset in any of these situations?
yeah, hara

FOD is ignoring everything wots in the forum!!!!
I think so......... We are coming every day on this site, so fod can do sumthing for us too.....!

or? ;\