« Back to All Topics
BrainTeasers
Posted in 
Off-topic
BrainTeasers
Posted in 
Off-topic
BrainTeasers
Just thought id make a topic for brainteasers seein as its takin over another one lol right illpost a few...

A woman had two sons who were born on the same hour of the same  
day of the same year but they were not twins.  How could this be so? 

An electric train is traveling southwest at 95 miles per hour, and 
the wind is blowing north east at 95 miles per hour. In which  
direction does the smoke blow? 

There was a guy who had a Fox, a Chicken, and a bag of Grain. He  
had to cross a river to get back home, but he could only take one  
item with him at a time. He could only take the fox, or the grain,  
or the chicken. Well, if you leave a chicken and a fox on one side  
of the river while taking the bag of grain across, the fox will  
eat the chicken, same thing with the chicken and the grain. Can't  
leave those two alone or the chicken will eat the grain. How do  
you get them all across the river safely?  
2 sons.....1 was adopted

Electric trains don't smoke.

1st he takes the chicken then goes back and takes the grain and brings the chicken back then he takes the fox and goes back then he takes the chicken. That way only the fox and grain are ever left together on 1 side..;)
top one wrong, second two correct :p
A car showroom sold 56 cars in the first 3 weeks, the difference between the numbers they sold in the 1st and 2nd week multiplied by the difference between the 2nd and 3rd weeks comes to the same as the number sold in the first week. How many cars were sold in the 3rd week?

4 cog wheels are in gear. The largest cog wheel has 21 teethand drives the 3 smaller cog wheels which have 10, 12 and 17 teeth. How many revolutions must the 21 cog wheel have to turn so that all 4 cog wheels are back in the same position as when they started?

ж2σξзж
In that case for the first they were Fraternal twins, each concieved in a separate egg, only single egg twins are identical when the 1 egg splits into 2.

Both of my answers could be correct...:p
Fraternal twins are not actually twins...just 2 born at the same time.
The woman must have had triplets or quads, then two children can be born on the same day to the same mother in the same year and not be twins.
Lol   of course Cream Rose....silly me...;)
the two sons were born in different years
a dog is tied up to a chain that streches 10 metres, 30 metres away is a bone

how can the dog get to the bone?
2 dads and 2 sons go fishing, they catch 3 fish and all take one home each

how??????
grandfather his son and the sons son...:p
what is the chain tied to and how many chains stretch?
Maybe the dog should just walk to the bone...;)
I could of sworn I posted this 2 hours ago but here goes again.

ж2σξзж You are going to be the death of me. I have no self control and feel compelled to drop everything and solve you ridiculous math problems :p

Problem 1

15 - 18 - 23

Problem 2

I hope its 340 :|

Snipe
There was a guy who had a Fox, a Chicken, and a bag of Grain. He 
had to cross a river to get back home, but he could only take one 
item with him at a time. He could only take the fox, or the grain, 
or the chicken. Well, if you leave a chicken and a fox on one side 
of the river while taking the bag of grain across, the fox will 
eat the chicken, same thing with the chicken and the grain. Can't 
leave those two alone or the chicken will eat the grain. How do 
you get them all across the river safely?

Take the chicken across first and leave it on the other side (fox doesn't eat the grain). Come back and take either of the other two across, drop it and return 
with
 the chicken. Leave the chicken on the original bank, and take the remaining item to the other side. With the fox and the grain safely across, return to fetch the chicken.
As 2of3 already stated beppe :p
Oh, missed it when scanning through :(
Wtg Snipe, cogs.....10x12x17x21 = 7140/21 = 340....;)

cars....1st week 15 or 11,  2nd week 18 or 22, 3rd week 23

No worries...I'll find some more....:p

ж2σξзж
Lol...here's a couple more..;)

In a cross country race George was not first; John came in after Harry; Dan was not ahead of Ben; george was not in front of John; Dan was not fourth or fifth; Ben was not first. How did they finish??

Tom's mother asked; "How many people were at the party? You always have a habit of counting things using some unusual way. What is it this time?" Tom said, "I counted them in threes and there were 2 left over. Next I counted them in sevens and there were 4 left over, and it's the smallest number that works like that".....How many people were at the party??

ж2σξзж
Ok I gave my "competition" 2 days to try.

Are the answers,

Harry
Ben
Dan
John George

Snipe :)
Correct.....Looks like your the only 1 I'm doing these for Snipe....;)
If one is five, and two is ten, and three is fifteen, and four is twenty, what is five?
Nice job. Most people would have said 25. :)
Arghhh I looked at it for 5 minutes cause I knew it was a trick.

It was so simple :(
A father and his son are in a jeep accident and the father is killed. The son is critically and taken to the hospital, where he is scheduled for immediate surgery. When the boy is wheeled in for surgery, the doctor said “That’s my son I’m going to operate on!” 

How can this be?
Come on Rain... it's his mother ;)
Geez, I need to come up with some impossible ones for you Beppe :)
If everyone in FODWORLD owns an even number of nicknames, no one owns more than 274 nicknames, & no 2 people own the same number of nicknames, what is the maximum number of people in FODWORLD?
Mmmmm, I left it so that someone else got a chance to answer some but that was at 5am (CET) when I got up for work, but now i'm back and still nobody answered it.

Looks like 137 to me but that also looks too easy so it must be a trick question and I cant see the trick....:p

ж2σξзж
it cant be worked out...(i think) because it never actually states there is someone with every even number of nicknames up to 274, it just says no one has more than that. if you look at it saying there must be someone with an even number of nicks up to 274, then of course 137 (half of that) is correct.  

and i think the trick is you are ment to assume you have to think one person has 2, the next 4, and so on up to 274, then your stuck doing all the dividing again:p
im glad it made u all think lol

138. The number can quickly be found by dividing the maximum number of dishes, 274, by 2, because half of the numbers are even, & half of them are odd. However, you must also add 1 to the answer to include 0, which is an even number.

TP
dishes = nicknames 

lol

dunno where dishes came from

TP
Someone with 0 nick is not a member of FODWORLD, so I agree with 137. It's a maximum, not an actual number.
Players Club,

The question asks "What is the 
maximum
".

136 Max players
18,906 Max Number of nicknames

Snipe
Where you get 136 Snipe??
Count 2-4-6-8...etc and that up to and including 274 because there is nobody with  MORE than 274.
0 isnt included cos then no nick = no member

ж2σξзж
no there is infinate cos someone has -2, -4 etc according to The Player's rule:p
It's bound by reality, someone cannot have a negative number of nicknames in a computer game - or are you saying that they have perm bans? :p
lol beppe, or someone "borrowed" their nicks..:D
Lol , glad it's made a few discussions..ive got anuva for u lot! dunno if it will cause as much 'kafuffle'

If you use a special formula 13, you end up with 7.

sticking with that formula , 2352 becomes 16, 246 becomes 14, 700 turns into 16, and 1030 becomes 14.

What would 9304 become?

enjoy, TP

Can no1 even give it a go lol, its difficult i kno but u just gotta use ur brain...theres a very simple method to it 
really good but im a dumbass