« Back to All Topics
9 Ball Pro Rules
Posted in 
Billiards
9 Ball Pro Rules
Posted in 
Billiards
9 Ball Pro Rules
People are taking advantage of the "pro" rules by calling wrong pocket and making the ball to force a "safety". I think when a ball is made in the wrong pocket either two things could be implemented - 

1. Count it as foul and ball should be available to move around.

2. Count it as a foul and a x, but not as three consecutive, keep track of these per game. (But this still could be used at a critical time in your game)  
it's an easy way to get 3 snookers
Yes, I agree. Calling it foul when a ball goes into wrong pocket does seem to be the likely rule. Or at-least the intended rule.
Could you please show an example, where it gives an unnatural benefit, compared to simply playing a safety without "wrong pocket"?

say you have 1 and 3 ball close to bottom left pocket, you pot the 1 ball in the bottom left and hold behind the 3 but you called the bottom right pocket knowing that it wouldn't go there, wrong pocket is now called and its your opponents turn but he is snookered on the 2 behind the 3, I Think I explained that right?
Like in 10 Ball.
If that happens the opponent can chose if he want to play the situation or let the other player play again with this situation.

either that or let the player move the ball when snookered after wrong pocket called seems the logical option to me.