« Back to All Topics
What Happens To Subscription $$ When Server is Getting So Unreliable
Posted in 
Billiards
Posted in 
Billiards
As some ppl may know I run a league on FOD so I speak as both someone who represents many,and as a loyal user and subscriber of this site when i say that its becoming very frustrating to know how unreliable the server has become in recent weeks,Id really like to know if FOD is even attempting to upgrade or in any way improve this situation!!??!! It is not fair that many of us pay hard earned money to use the PC version of this game when we cannot enjoy a site that we pay to play on due to so many disconnects that it literally destroys tournaments we run and just generally makes playing under those circumstances NOT FUN!! ANY feedback both from other users and more importantly any FOD staff would be greatly apreciated,if nothing else just to know they are aware there is an ongoing problem that needs attention badly so that those of us who pay to play here can feel like our money is worth spending and that the site cares about making this a great place to play now and in the future...........
Clear your cache, cookie's, and temporary internet files...if it continues contact your ISP (internet service provider).

More than likely not FoD's fault, not to be personal but probably your's.
well i was playing in avengers lastnight and everygame was nearenough disconnecting so there was some form of fod bug, and the d/c's disarranged the full trnys lol

was the same 4 u and what lg u in?

should be better soon or are u disconnecting daily if thats case im sure ur pc
>More than likely not FoD's fault, not to be personal but probably your's.

You are completely wrong.In this case, the problem is really the server.Yesterday i had the same problem while playing 8ball, i lost connection consecutively, what has not happened for some time, i have to admit.
My ISP never lose connection, i can assure you.

Thanks,
El Niño.

Every ISP loses connection...trust me, perhaps I am wrong this time but most of the time it is YOUR connection...again trust me I work with computers.
1 d/c in 30 days.

You work with comps, so what? me 2.

Thanks,
Il Niño.
That's why I said more than likely not FoD's fault, in rare cases it is but MOST of the time it isn't.  Rarely a website disconnects people, though it does happen and has happened on FoD before it is rare.  Probably a bug they have to work out with their servers, usually things like this get settled quickly but can take time.
Well I've used FOD with the 3D Billiards download of the game for about 2 years now.  I've always subscribed as it's so cheap, not even worth complaining about really, but they WON'T be getting any more of my money. 
The reasons are:
1)  The games have gone totally downhill.  All the decent players and good company have quit, and been replaced by what seems to be 10 year olds. 
2)  Moderators.  The way this site is ran is abismal, in all my years of using the internet I've never came across a site quite so poorly ran.  They have the power to remove anybody from the site, which is fair enough, but not when applied to subscribers.  They don't like to admit it I imagine, but lots of the mods on FOD are corrupt and we ALL know it.  I'd be very surprised if this post is even allowed, as freedom of speach seems to be none existent here if any of the mods disagree with your opinions!
3)  8 ball rules.  They are the American rules, with silly "free ball" rule and "No rail" etc.  Crazy.  Surely these rules were made up by two 8 year old kids, making it up as they went along. 
4)  Well, I'll stop now.  I could probably go on for hours.

The servers ARE bad these days.  Over the last few months infact, I've seen it get steadily worse, more frequent DC's, and whenever I mention it to anybody, they tell me they're experiencing the same problem, so it's fact not fiction.  At least for some of us. 

I seriously doubt the mods allow this post to be admitted to the thread, as they probably won't let me express my views, but I am not paying another Subscription fee anyway, and neither are 90% of the people I talk to on FOD or those who have already quit over the last year.
The site is killing itself slowly, with its poor management and even poorer show of respect for its long time users/members.  Enough said.
So you're saying the games have gone downhill beacuse they use American rules, the same American rules that they used to use before it went downhill?
the 8 ball rules are based on the following:

[url=
http://www.bca-pool.com/play/tournaments/rules/rls_8bl.shtml
]World Standardized rules
/url]

5. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES 
YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. FLYORDIE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. 

FLYORDIE MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT 
(i) THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, 
(ii) THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, 
(iii) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, 
(iv) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS, AND 
(v) ANY ERRORS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED. 

@ rise:  No, I never said that, they were seperate points, pay attention. 
@ Veriac:  World rules are proper rules, it even states in that link you put up that the world rules are different that the rules in flyordie, and in world rules you cannot move white anywhere on the table or play backwards past the line. The rules on flyordie are wrong, and aren't played anywhere in the world, apart from maybe America, rediculous.  Crap game. 
perhaps you should actually READ them...

FOUL PENALTY
Opposing player gets cue ball in hand. 
This means that the player can place the cue ball anywhere on the table
 (does not have to be behind the headstring except on opening break). This rule prevents a player from making intentional fouls which would put an opponent at a disadvantage. With “cue ball in hand,” the player may use a hand or any part of a cue (including the tip) to position the cue ball. When placing the cue ball in position, any forward stroke motion contacting the cue ball will be a foul, if not a legal shot
You're saying that you don't want to continue paying and one of the reasons you give is the rules of the 8ball game. The rules are always the same and you didn't have a problem before?