« Back to All Topics
disconnect from server
Posted in 
Billiards
disconnect from server
Posted in 
Billiards
disconnect from server
why when i get disconnected from server  do i lose game and points... when i play cards and get disconnected.. i just go back to game... when i reconnect... and  i get disconnected far too many times and lose points,, i have new comp with 4 gig of ram  ,, do you know whi i get d/c so many times..thank you
Interesting .I have been wrestling with a similar problem for months  

1)   Losing points is automatic with  a "disconnect to server" with this programme and you won't get an automatic resume of play thus have to  start a new match.  This is standard on FOD 

2) Have played this game for over 2 years with no major problems but I too changed my computer for a whizzy good one with lots of Gb,s but also changed my server from BT  to Talktalk ie British competitor and a new router provided by my new server and immediately ran into problemms with games shutting down connection to server closed after a maximum of three games, if that many, thus losing all my points (at one point I had around 300 ) which got whittled down rapidly due to this problem 

I contacted FOD and the best explanation I eventually received was that they "braodcast" using 2 ISP server   connection and my original servers ISP connection was stronger than my current one - hence the problem and they could not modify my connction from their end. I contacted my current server who were baffled and said it was nothing to do with them and referred me to a a Port forwarding service to ensure my ports were reciving clearly  after a month of fiddling and diddling they 2 could not clear the problemm and we are both sitting thinking if there is anything we can do but write it off as hopeless. Meanwhile still trying a to get further help from my current server to try something radical ie a new router  perhaps  or an axe 

This experience leads me to wonder if its your server connection that is the problem and could try contacting them and see if they can help. 

Hope this may be of some assistance and if a moderator is monitoring this could help in any way good on ya  

Best of luck  iBall