« Back to All Topics
Snooker update
Posted in 
Billiards
Snooker update
Posted in 
Billiards
Snooker update
Hey OP im just wondering if there will be a snooker update in coming weeks or months? I dont ask you to say precise dates, but i only ask if there will be an update at all. 
Answer with yes or no.
ty
Snooker update is expected within month.
Please dont update snooker too atleast keep that the same as most people perfer old version, FOD is losing a lot of players because of these updates but if you have to.. so be it :s

Paul
It is interesting that you already prefer the old version when you have not even seen the new one...

>FOD is losing a lot of players because of these updates

Come on Paul, thats not true. Number of players online havent really been going down since updates and if you look at 9 ball theres more players now than before update.
Paul97 you say as most people perfer old version.what about the other people who would like the new one :S
>Please dont update snooker too atleast keep that the same as most people perfer old version, FOD is losing a lot of players because of these updates but if you have to.. so be it :s

If most people prefer the old version (as your research must have shown?) why are the lobbies for the old version currently empty - okay not totally true, there's 6 people in the old version of 8 ball :|
WHY WOULD THEY LOSE PEOPLE WHEN THE TINGS BEEN MADE BETTER AND JUST THE WORD UPDATE PROVES DAT WOULD U PREFER A DOWNGRADE THEN JOHN
OF COUSE SNOOKER NEEDS THE FULL WORKS TO MAKE IT REALISTIC DAWG I SEEN CATS USING FULL BACK SPIN WHEN DEM MAN TIGHT ON CUSHION BASICALLY DAT TING NEEDS RIPPING OUT AND RE BUILDING FO REAL FO REAL
I hope you will this time include all the snooker rules like free ball and an option to repeat the shot after a miss.
Also in my opinion you should increase table dimensions because the ratio table/balls doesn't look ok to me.

Another good thing in the updates is not being able to backspin if you are close to the cushion or another ball but you have gone to far with this because often there is enough space to backspin if you change the cues position from low to high so you look above the ball.
i agree with retake shot and free ball that would me much better and more realistic since it is the proper rules.
"Free ball" rule will be included.
"Foul and a miss" rule will NOT be included. You may ask why. Well, the rules state that:
"the referee considers that the striker has not made a good enough attempt to hit a ball on."
Unfortunately we do not have a referee for all games, and the system cannot decide if it was a "good enough attempt". If it did, it would certainly lead to debate and controversy, so it is best to exclude this rule for now.

Another rule that will be changed in order to comply with the official rules is the nomination of a color after potting a red.

OP
i agree about foul n miss, u cant include this rule 
sounds great op, do you have any idea when this update will be ready for us to play?
good :) when will the update be coming then? weeks, days? and is the update snooker pro and snooker light?
I think all the ratings should be reset with the update, as its basically a different game. Maybe you should have done that with pool and 9ball, just my opinion, im nearly black ball, havent been playing much recently but i wouldn't mind starting from scratch with a new game.
"Foul and a miss" rule SHOULD be included and I am suprised that you would rather leave such an important rule then include some lite edition of the rule. 
For example: The Foul and a miss rule states:
"A miss will be called if a player does not hit the ball "on" first and is deemed by the referee to have not made a good enough attempt at the shot. This gives his opponent the option of having the balls replaced as they were and have the fouling player take his shot again." en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rules_of_snooker
I would suggest that if the player has not hit the ball "on" first, the oponent should have the option to make the fouling player repeat the shot for some limited number of times, maybe 4 attempts. This way you dont need the referee and the rule is included in almost all its glory. :-)
If you dont include this rule can you tell me how have you solved the problem that snookered player does not attempt the shot for the ball then rather moves it a few inches to the side?
if u cant hit the ball, u will have to try 30times and lose the game? come on double kiss its impossible to include this rule
"how have you solved the problem that snookered player does not attempt the shot for the ball then rather moves it a few inches to the side?"

there will be a free ball rule, and there will be also an option to end the frame if the lead is big enough, in case someone does this continuously.

"if u cant hit the ball, u will have to try 30times and lose the game? come on double kiss its impossible to include this rule" by lapoueze

Please read my post to the end 
lapoueze
:
I would suggest that if the player has not hit the ball "on" first, the oponent should have the option to make the fouling player repeat the shot for some 
limited number of times, maybe 4 attempts.

Btw. if you can not hit the ball after 30 attempts then it is, in 99.95 % of the time, your fault. Isn't it? ;-)

"there will be a free ball rule, and there will be also an option to end the frame if the lead is big enough, in case someone does this continuously." by OPERATOR

I dont think that we are on the same page. The problem is not that someone will do this continuously but players are doing this when the score is tied so they dont attempt for the risky ball which may be near the pocket. Also I dont see how free ball can help here if the player moves the ball on a position where he is not snookered and this is where free ball rule does not apply.

p.s. this is just constructive criticism so we can enjoy the game called snooker where the goal is nothing less then perfection :-)
Thats good then, So Pro foul and people tapping behind colours till you either leave or sit it out for 1 hour+, Hopefully the game wont be too difficult :D
"doing this when the score is tied so they dont attempt for the risky ball which may be near the pocket. Also I dont see how free ball can help here if the player moves the ball on a position where he is not snookered and this is where free ball rule does not apply."

Then opponent gets the points, and the next shot (with the possibility to pass if it is a difficult situation). There is not much more that can be done.

Such a non-objective rule cannot be implemented here, as it would cause much more controversy than it would solve.

You say that repeat shot 4 times, others would say why should I repeat when I made a fair attempt? At pro level a miss is called even if you miss by only the narrowest margin. That is what most people see on TV. But it is certainly not the way to do it for players on all skill level. At least it wasn't meant to be like that when this rule has been introduced, I am pretty sure.

The miss rule also have some controversy in itself, even if we exclude the referee's interpretation.  
Check:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RT6JFuT9PWk

well, nothing is perfect.... ;)
Latest info about "foul and miss" rule is that
we have decided to include this in the following way:

just like in pool, there will be a pro mode, but unlike pool, there will be no call shot, as it is not something that is compatible with snooker, but pro mode will mean that a foul (no contact or bad hit) will always be a miss too (just like in real life pro snooker). So the opponent can ask to replay. Obviously the count of possible replays should be limited.

We would like to ask your opinion about how many times should such a replay be allowed.

OP
:) i think maybe 3 or 4 attempts?

Very good news ! In my opinion 3 "foul and miss" replays will be enough.

TY
I think about 5 times the shot should be retaken.To many just ruins the game..
Another question to our dearest players:

About the situation where the point difference is high enough, and the opponent normally concedes.
Well, some of our players might not be gentlemen, and might find ways to lengthen the frame as much as possible.

One possibility to prevent it:
 - if the point difference is high enough after the break of the player who is ahead has finished, the frame automatically ends

Another possibility: 
 - the player who is ahead by a huge margin, can ask to end the frame, if the other player does not wish to concede.

Is there any reason to continue in such a situation, or is it ok to end the frame automatically?

What do you think?

OP

id say first possibility is better
I think if one player is ahead more than 20 pts (5 snookers by 4 points) the game should end automatically after finishing break.
i prefer 2nd situation and 3 attempts on foul n miss.

Yes i agree with ronnie, 5 (4 point snookers) and the game should end.The odds of winning with more snookers required is highly unlikly and isnt worth the time.
As itself 5(4 point snookers) is alot to ask anyway.
option number 1 :) hows it all going op nearly there? :p

I agree too.

1) no more "pro foul" - lost the game
2) If one player get foul, other player can decide back last position or play this position. "real"
3) 45 sec every shots

We want more real same worlsnooker by TV in Fod. 
By the way to make the balls back to the old position on a foul is not possible.
Because you can get a snooker, were you cant avoid a foul.
So your opponent can make you always do a foul again and then you'll be very angry ;)

Tommy
You have right. That is not light decide. 

Yes, it can happen that it is not possible to hit the ball on (but it is not very frequent I think).

And that is why the possible number of tries will be limited, and that is why this rule will be only optional.

OP
have u got rough idea how long to go? can you like update it later and just add a few things as we go along? :)
merci
looks good cant wait to try it out!
Graphics are amazing!!! And more realistic rules.
We are all waiting for...
WOW! them graphics look fab.. hope the updates sooner rather than later :D
ok so its all done now??
update coming next few days?
Good see new version, but i would care, if most very goodplayer could quit after new version snooker, cause this game is better playing for middle-lowplayer.
This new version let see short, not so long see same old version. I count most very goodplayer stills on snooker. 
Let but know see after new version. 
is it going to be ready for the tournament later would be good :p
Operator really dont want to tell us when this update will be ready to play. Lots of people have asked i wish he would give us some idea or at least say hes not sure at the moment & stop ignoring us.
If you read your previous topics with this very same question, you should be able to find some replies to them. 

Even if you ask it every day, I can not give a specific release date.
Hello to Allz!!

From the day one, i am saying that updates at FOD are good from experience point-of-view, but it must be kept in mind that the concept of playing online-pool with the players all around the world simultaneously and the popularity gained by the FOD over the past years has come from the old version.

Although, updating the 8ball and 9ball are good experiences, but still it is felt strongly that FOD has loosed many players because of it. Becasue, everyone wants to play the old version. Whether it is 8ball or 9ball or any other pool format.

But as we all know, final decision will be of FOD Authorities.

Best Regards,
Skull Crusher™
You might have a reason to feel that way, but it seems that no one wants to play the old version anymore, since the new version had been further updated based on the feedback of our dearsest players. There is no valid reason anymore to play the outdated old version, hopefully everyone realized this by now.

OP
Screen shots look good OP.  :D

I've never really put time into playing snooker but I think once update is complete i'll be in there a lot more :p

ThUnDeR
FlyOrDie Moderator

Without snooker update i even not playing it, because there is not available pc version software anymore.. so waiting the update after what i gonna start playin it.

Like i said.. there probably gonna be people who gonna leave flyordie community, but there gonna be x2,x5 or even 10 times more people who gonna join the community because of updates, so FOD is not loosing anything .. just gaining..

Waitin for update, looks amazing.
wheres everyone seeing these pictures lol?????
i think it would be better if you could play pc version for the people who perfer to play that. i personaly dont but i know a lot of people do :)
ty.
In 3rd page in this topick.
If u post something then read whole topicks in futer m8
updates are better ignore people who say otherwise im now addicted to the new straight pool game