« Back to All Topics
one-win-wonders
Posted in 
Chess
one-win-wonders
Posted in 
Chess
one-win-wonders
is it me or is there an overwhelming number of players on this site that exit straight after a win-wheres the chance of rematch gone? surely based on this, perhaps best of three should be standard?

Why should best out of three be standard? What exactly do you mean by that? That the site enforces a best out of three? That wouldn't work, why would should somebody be forced to possibly play 3 games?. There are various, imo, valid reasons why one would leave and not give their opponent the opportunity of a remacth.

Perhaps somebody couldn't find a player of sufficient rating and played a game  against somebody that was lower rated in order to bide time, leaving after winning is fine my be. 

Perhaps the winner thought the loser wasn't a challenge, why should somebody have to play again against a weaker player if they want a challenge?

Perhaps the winner thought the loser took way too long to resign and doesn't want to play against such a player. I often dont allow rematches in such situations. I know its a player's right not to resign, they dont have to resign if they dont want to, however I also have the right not to play against such players if I dont want to.

Perhaps the loser was being rude. Why should somebody play against such players?

Perhaps does winner can't play anymore games/has to go, or perhaps the winner was waiting for a friend to come online to play them. 

etc...

I find that opponents don't give me a rematch because my colour is green to blue.... and I usually beat yellows to oranges and yet I don't get a rematch :( Especially if I give them a really close game they won't want to play to get beat....

It's all about the points not about the challenge on here lol :)