« Back to All Topics
Allowing non-subscribers to play tournanaments
Posted in 
General
Posted in 
General
I think and a lot of people will agree with me that they want to play snooker tournaments they don't want to have to pay money to subscribe to be able to play.                 If you sign up and become a user you should be allowed to automatically play tournaments.
Are you nuts? How is that a valid argument? PAY AND YOU GET STUFF!

Why isn't everything free for non-subscribers? I want FoD to PAY ME for just signing up! It's not fair that I play here and I don't get paid! WAKE UP FoD! Pay your non subscribers!

Coolman10 - If you want something, pay for it. If you want something for free, take what's free. This whole website IS FREE! Some things are just for subscribers LIVE WITH THAT!

If its a free website how come u have to pay money to subscribe.
Like in every site, you have to pay for extra features.
bonjour, oui comme dans tout les sites il y a des options qui sont payante. Mais dans la plupart des sites les tournois sont gratuit comme littlegolem, gametwist, kurnik... Cela attire quand même les gens. Personnellement, comme sur le jeu puissance 4. Si il faut s'abonner (25 euros) juste pour jouer un tournois par mois. ça ne vaut vraiment pas le coup. Ils devraient aussi y avoir des tournois pour les abonné et non abonné, pour avoir plus de monde et pouvoir en faire plus de tournois. N'oubliez pas que tout le monde n'est pas "riche". Pensez aussi aux autres... 

Sur ce bon jeu à tous!
Good grief coolman GROW UP!

It IS FREE. Every game is FREE!  If you want extras, then pay! If you can't see the difference in that, stop playing games and go learn something!

I hope you're a kid because if you're an adult, we will have to weep for you.
If flyordie had everything for free they would make no profit and the website would be dead.

£4 a month is hardly alot to pay for bonus features.

There are numerous tournaments for unsubscribed players held monthly (Check the tournament calendar for further details)

The reason there isn't many for "all players" is to stop people cheating using unsubscribed accounts to gain free points in tournaments.
If people were able to play against themselves for free rating it wouldn't be fair to those who earn the rating would it?

Besides that being a good reason , flyordie has to make profit somewhere , and subscribing is indeed profit.

Note , in future please post topics like this in the Requests & Suggestions Section of the forum , and perhaps Moderators/Administrators & Developers would consider changing something.
Unlikely with this subject but you never know.

Warrior.

translation for coolman10

hello, yes as in all sites there are options that are paid. (...) Personally, as the game Connect 4. If you must subscribe (25 euros) just to play a tournament per month. it really is not worth the shot. They should also be tournaments for subscriber and non-subscriber for more people and to do more tournaments. Do not forget that everyone is not "rich". Think also of other ...

This good game at all!

[Edited by: Mervin on 16.01.2013 09:00]
Not always all websites charge money for extra features 
play on those 'websites'. it is as simple as that.
Coolman is blind. He thinks everything should be free. He wants all things all of the time and is trying to make it seem like business = theft.
I think its an outrage that for an online website u have to pay money just to get extra stuff
Well everyone else here thinks it's an "outrage" for insane people like you to be able to walk around free.

If everything plus all of the "extra" stuff is supposed to be free, what would we pay for? 

Is FoD expected to have everything on their website free? If you think "yes", then how will they make money? 

Do you think they should do all this work for free? Host this site and all of the games on their servers and pay so we can play for free?

If you think online games should be free, why not bread and water? Why not medical care? Surely these things are more important than online games. 

Why don't your parents work for free? You think people at FoD should, so why not your parents? 

coolman you need to grow up and understand the things around you, people learn, grow and adapt. Even babies learn to crawl, then pull themselves up and start adapting. 

You need to be at least as smart as an infant in this world. Stop groping in the dark and start learning something. Examine the world around you, use your brain and stop crying like a baby. 
Mark i didn't think u would take this so personally all i asked for is weather u agree or disagree u can think whatever u want to think of me you can think i am a cry baby you can think whatever u like but you don't have to and start abusing me about a question that i asked this argument may mean nothing to you but to me it means a lot so im sorry if it has offended you but this is what i believe should happen.
The basic argument is that to scrap subscriber benefits would mean that FOD suffers as a business and you would effectively have no website at all in the long run.

Then again, distribution of wealth to the poor and scrapping the subscriber/non-subscriber class system sounds like perfect online communism.

Secret Marxist among us. :)

(N.B. In reality I'm sure there are ways round this, revamping the subscriber system wouldn't be a bad move in my opinion)
I AM THE GHOST OF DAVY CROCKETT MY £4 STAYS IN MY POCKET :D
IT SHOULD BE FREE !!!!! WITHOUT US NO BUSINESS...SIMPLES!!!
so f.o.d don't get paid to put hundreds of ads through their site everyday then, isnt that what this all about, i believe it is hit based, everytime you hit a page on the site and it has a ad, those people who place the ads give fly or die money. everytime i hit a page here whether i am a subscriber or not, then fly or die earns from it. is this not the case???
so f.o.d don't get paid to put hundreds of ads through their site everyday then, isnt that what this all about, i believe it is hit based, everytime you hit a page on the site and it has a ad, those people who place the ads give fly or die money. everytime i hit a page here whether i am a subscriber or not, then fly or die earns from it. is this not the case???

So you think getting 1 cent for every 5 ads clicked is enough to run, maintain and update a website and servers?

I don't know what their exact deal is with the ads but internet ads are super cheap since about the year 2000. They aren't getting rich off of them!
En mi humilde opinion creo que tendria que haber torneos para los no abonados ya que los que no podemos suscribirnos por distintas causas queremos,creo hablo por la mayoria (no abonados),participar en torneos. Mejoraria mucho el sitio
En mi humilde opinion creo que tendria que haber torneos para los no abonados ya que los que no podemos suscribirnos por distintas causas queremos,creo hablo por la mayoria (no abonados),participar en torneos. Mejoraria mucho el sitio

If you can't subscribe, why is that FoD's problem? Why should you get something for free, when others have to pay for it? 
Mark w... You are to harsh I subscribed months after playing free I felt that more than my money's worth had already been received and if one depended on suscribers only there would be many less players and not so much fun. Its agood site keep it as it is.
there is a free-player tourny tonight!

About the post, its just stupid, consider it a priviledge that you can play all the games on this website for free at all... why do you think u are so hard done by just because subs like myself get to play in a few tournys
A few tourneys subs get to play heaps of tourneys us non subscribers get very few tournaments to play in
Again with the crying? Go get your parent to read this coolman. They can explain that "you can't get everything for free". What company can you name that will give their product or service away for free to everyone? If you say something like "Red Cross", they rely on donations and volunteers and they're an organization, not a company. Besides, if you are unwilling or unable to pay for yourself, then how could you pay for other people? So donation based won't work in this case.

Do you have any idea of how FoD can manage their site, games, forums, servers and employees other than taking subscriptions?
Some constructive critisism for Billiards. 

Regardless, For the money we pay here there should be tournements running in every time zone in every game.
The calender roster is very patchy & lacks depth. How many times has anyone else here had to settle for an upcoming tourny which wasnt there chosen preference of game? 

Not a big issue, just thought I'd add my 2 cents worth while on this topic.

Cheers