« Back to All Topics
New Tourney
Posted in 
Curling
New Tourney
Posted in 
Curling
New Tourney
Was thinking of creating an open tourney and I will need 15 players & me (makes it 16.) to start.

I will draw 4 groups of 4 players in each group. Top 2 advance to the quarter finals.

Please leave your name below if your interested in playing..

Craig.
Actually, there is the makings of a good "Craig Only" tournament here...I'd be up to try to get that title :D

Also Craig 
Good idea but not sure we could get 16 Craig's lol :D

Suppose I should explain the rules better, all matches will be 6 ends with 2 points going to the winner and 1 point each if the match ends in a draw and you will play 3 games each in the group stages with the top 2 players advancing out the group.
Will be looking to play 1st game of competition on Monday 8th February 12pm GMT, with the finals penciled in for Saturday 27th February 2pm GMT also.

I am in, vs. all the Craigs , lol
im on a low craig diet, oh wait, twas carbs,,,ill play if i get a last place trophy or "worst shot ever" trophy.basically im in it to add to my virtual glory of terrible-ness
Ad us in to this Please Nice Cheers !
This guy named Craig is in too!!!!

You could make a Craig bracket. Or one Craig in each bracket and maybe have an all Craig finals!!!!!!!!!

Thank you,
Craig
Thanks again to all players that are participating in this tourney the draw for the groups are as follows..

Group A

Lolypop
Sky Lynx
whitecrj
curlforgreen

Group B

Peelmaster
RECHKO
adrianf
Fire-woman

Group C

nevernever
GIMPY
HandyHand1988
NiceShot

Group D

AIANNA
coyacan
Canada skip
turfinator
Like I said previously, all matches 6 ends. Arrange group games between yourselves whenever suits you and please post results here after the matches too. 

Good luck
Craig
Hi.
If the points are equal in the group score, what we count to determine the final score?
Good question Anna, points will determine group winners and runners up, if points are equal then shots up will decide the group positions.
If for any reason any player quits before the 6th end finishes that player will lose 8-0..
I hope everyone enjoys their games and again good luck!!
As always, respectfully submit - using in-game points as a tiebreaker does not make sense. If one player falls behind in a match, he/she may have to adopt a more risky strategy and wind up giving up more points in a given match. The final score in a match can often give a very different picture of the actual gameplay. Also, players may retire from a match earlier if they feel it is beyond reach, so either or both players do not benefit/suffer from the lost ends. Points for/against do not work the same way as in football (soccer for my NA friends), for example. IMHO, Ties should be broken with a tiebreaker match, which is what all curling tournaments tend to use. Even a draw to the button would be better than points for/against.
Based on matches I've seen/played, I call Group D as the group of death ;)
Result from Group C

NiceShot 3 - GIMPY 3
Result from Group A

curlforgreen 4 - whitecrj 6
Result from Group C

GIMPY 6 - HandyHand1988 2
Result from Group C

GIMPY 6 - HandyHand1988 2
Result Group C

HandyHand88 5 - NiceShot 5
Result from Group B

Fire-Woman 6 - adrianf 7
Group B

adrianf - Fire-Woman 7 - 6
Group C

HandyHand1988 5 - NiceShot 5
how do we set up a match?

never played in one of these seperate tournys before. Thank you
Hi Turfinator,

Every match is 6 ends normal (not skins)

If you can arrange with your opponents when to play, whenever suits you best.  Most group games have been played just Group D games still not been played yet!

2 points for a win & 1 for a draw. (top 2 in the group advance to next round.)

Hope this helps you
Craig.
Result Group B
RECHKO : adrianf 7:3
Result from Group B

RECHKO 7 - adrianf 3
I want to retire from this Tourney, I am sorry. GL to all
I want to retire from this Tourney, I am sorry. GL to all
due to AIYANNA withdrawing from the tourney, I am looking for a replacement player to slot into Group D now..
Anyone intereted? 
Just an update, Group D has now changed the following players are now in this group:

MineraCurling
Turfinator
coyacan
Canada skip

Cheers 
I am ready to play anytime.

What is best way to ask for a match? Is there any private message feature?

Sorry that I do not know this stuff.

Craig
Result from Group A

whitecrj 6 - Sky Lynx 5
Result Group B
Peelmaster : adrianf 6:5
Result from Group C

NiceShot 2 - nevernever 5

Just to update all players involed, Groups A and C are both almost complete.  Also could Groups B & D please try and make some progress..
Standings so far are as follows:

Group A
whitecrj  4 points
Curlforgreen  2 points
lolypop  0 points
Sky Lynx  0 points

Group B
Peelmaster  2 points
RECHKO  2 points 
adrianf  2 points
Fire-Woman  0 points

Group C
GIMPY  5 points
nevernever  4 points
NiceShot  2 points
HH1988  1 point

Group D

MineraCurling  0 points
coyacan  0 points
Turfinator  0 points
Canada skip  0 points
GAMES HAVE NOT STARTED YET
I would join if still looking for players

Group D has now changed

Group is now as follows:
meggentosh
The Talent
sliding it in
gicone

Excuse me NiceShot. U have a tourney and you just kick players out? For what reason im out? If its no game  played in our group is no good reason. Cus i hv looked for players in my  group nd not showd up. Only Coya ben here  but h wont play me. So im very curiouse why im suddenly  out.. without talking to me.
I retire from this Tourney, I am sorry. 2 appointments failed and not because I wasn't there!
Group D
The Talent 6-meggentosh 4
FAO MineraCurling, to answer your question every other group is completed or just about and still your group has not even started. If you have seen coyacan several times and didnt play him thats even worse.
But ill meet you halfway, instead of playing in a group format.. how about you play the winner of the "new" Group D with the winner advancing to the Quarter Finsls?
FAO MineraCurling, to answer your question every other group is completed or just about and still your group has not even started. If you have seen coyacan several times and didnt play him thats even worse.
But ill meet you halfway, instead of playing in a group format.. how about you play the winner of the "new" Group D with the winner advancing to the Quarter Finals??
Craig
Qtr final GIMPY 9-4 gicone
semi final GIMPY 9-lolpop-4