« Back to All Topics
WHERES THE MOD's AFTER 12 AT NIGHT?
Posted in 
Dear Moderators
Posted in 
Dear Moderators
  WHERE ARE THE MOD's AFTER 12 AT NIGHTM,ESPECIALLY IN ROOM 1 9BALL,SOME PPL ARE REALLY GETTING TO HARSH ON CUSSING OTHERS,HOPE THAT YOU GOT SOME MOD's THAT WILL SERVE THEIR DUTY AFTER 12 AT NIGHT ,WHY THERES NO MOD/s IN THE PARTICULAR ROOM THAT I MENTION ,JUST ASKING...
Hi Hunter,

12 at night where? Britain , Europe ,  U S A.

Just so they know,what time zone your in,,ok.

Mods are only human. If they actually want to sleep, im sure they should be allowed too.
Just because you cannot see us, does not necessarily mean we are not there ;)

However, if we are not around....

The first thing you should do is 
use the Mute Button
. Then, if you know how to, you can take a screenshot and email the offending details to moderator@flyordie.com

All emails sent to that address are reviewed, and where appropriate, actions are taken.

Veriac
(Flyordie Moderator)

why do they have people from differant countries to be moderators? isnt it cos the moderators will be on at different times??

sorry im just wondering :)
"Just because you cannot see us, does not necessarily mean we are not there "

So you can log in on a invisible like thing??
They are sometimes logged in as Guests. Very sneaky to say the least. I think it can be rather sad to sit and wait for someone to swear. Why can't you just log in with your moderator name? I know of a few occassions when a player has gotten annoyed with being followed by moderators who log in as guests. They followed him into all games and in the end, he got annoyed, said something to you all, and he got banned. Not right at all...
No, the mods are not fair.
You should see tanx, 3 in 5 people are demerited. Its out of hand. Mash the mod says its because he "
thinks they look cool
". He wasnt joking.
Suit Im in TANX right now and there is 4 out of 100 people demerited.(one of them is for cheating) I think your counting is a little out of hand. :|
Umm.. Just replying to whoever wrote this Post, Moderators have a Life and A computer is Just a possesion, They do not have to Work as a Moderator 24/7 They have a right to Sleep as well.
agreed snipe ..
but i have observed lately in rooms 1-4 and i have noticed that it is many of the "new" players that have the dermerit points for abusive language 
maybe this is a coincidence i dont know ?:|

TANK_MASTER
(overall cool guy :p)
"No, the mods are not fair.
You should see tanx, 3 in 5 people are demerited. Its out of hand. Mash the mod says its because he "thinks they look cool". He wasnt joking."

for what it's worth....
it's really no surprise the above text originates from one of the moderated members...who seems to think the rules do not apply... 
it's almost predictable actually..... one seldom hears negative comments from those who are not moderated.

just my 2 cents worth

[img=
http://img22.photobucket.com/albums/v65/GHOSTMP/GHOST_RIDERa.gif
]

soo did this topic get 
answered
? 

lol
In answer to the original question... there are mods from several continents, North America, Europe and Australia. The hours that we are on vary. There is no set schedule as we all do this on a volunteer basis and work it around work, family and other activities.

As for moderators lurking about as guests... I am in favor of it. It's not unusual for people to start misbehaving the moment they think a moderator isn't present. In addition, most of us have other non-moderator names that we play under. So, as Veriac says... just because you don't see the "!" doesn't mean we aren't around. It's a little like the moderator equivelant of a plain-clothes cop.

As for the presence of a guest "making" you do something bad... do you realize how ridiculous that sounds? No one can force you to break FlyOrDie rules. Accept responsibility for your own behavior... follow the rules... and no one will get hurt. ;-)