« Back to All Topics
GG b4 end
Posted in 
Billiards
GG b4 end
Posted in 
Billiards
GG b4 end
I know its not a rule,but i find it very RUDE when people say good game(gg) before the game has even ended.
I think it should be against rules,sounds a bit silly,but it is very annoying at times :(

-Hotshot-

Yes it is very frustrating but it would be so hard to moderate if it became a rule.
If people say good game to me before the end I just say "If you really want to put me off you type 'miss!'". ;\

[img=
http://img52.echo.cx/img52/9964/jamez4lc.jpg
]
I'm pretty sure that I say gg before the end of matches. But you have it all wrong. I say it on maybe the blue or pink rather than the black so as to show that whatever the outcome is it was still a GG. I don't say it on the black when someone is going to take a shot because that is rude. 
Well it doesnt really matter to say "gg" in snooker if ur down a lot like 100 to 1 ;\
It just matters in like 9 ball or 8 ball u no.

It's still very rude and maybe if they made it a rule u could send a s.s in on them lmao :p
say it straight back to em, we all know they only say it to try put you off, if you miss they think its cos they said gg, not cos you just aint good enough:p, personally i dont see how 2 letters should affect your shootin:)
Yeah, it's just two letters. I don't usually do it, but (rarely) if I don't like someone I might. It's just a little gamesmanship, if you are so good just ignore it.
But you had rules in your leagues marc that meant you couldn't say 'Good game' until you were back in the lobby. :p

[img=
http://img52.echo.cx/img52/9964/jamez4lc.jpg
]
yup .. league rules .. i can put people in the box if they do it to me (and other) then:p .. im on bout non tourney games, if they say it to me i just say it straight back to them;)
If someone tells me gg before the end of the game I say gg back to them and leave it at that usually.

Hahaha, have you ever got someone where they will say gg then you miss getting it in, then this miss, then they will say gg again...and keep doing that until you get the final ball in? I've had that happen to me once...almost had it happen twice...learned about the mute button.

Hey anyway....

GG ;)
very annoying indeed sometimes they even say it to me when i have like 4,5 balls left(8ball,while i was still playing a few months ago)

i gettin used to it as time passes however...

Gamesmanship is in sport today anyway, you have to deal with it. This is only a game and you moan while it happens in professional sport all the time. Take Greg Norman's example. He plays golf proffessionally, it's his living. It happens to him and he takes it. This game doesn't affect your life while gamesmanship in his sport does. 

He was playing Lee Trevino and it was Lee to putt first. It was a downhill putt and he hit a foot past. When he past Norman, Lee said to his caddie for Norman's 'benefit', 'that's the fastest putt I've ever had'. Well Norman heard that, left the putt 5 foot short and went on to miss it. You didn't see Norman moaning that talk like that should Trevino banned from the game in future. 

It happens, the thing to do is to practice it yourself, master it, and do it to everyone else ;)! 
I don't see what the problem is if the player has already won, but I can see it could be a problem if the game is still anybody's. The thing I've noticed about this game is that nobody ever seems to concede, even if they need like, 10 snookers. Is this something to do with game etiquette? It's not like that'd happen if you were playing a real game with someone.
If I feel that I cant win I say gg and concede doesnt bother them, doesnt bother me saves wasting time on unwinnable games.
well Mark i was playing in flyordie tourny yesterday and i was beating this guy 89-10 and he had all his friends in- Molly, laleczka and RIGOROUS and there were 3 balls left and he kept hittin blue onto rails, why ? wasting time because he couldnt take the loss so i got bit peed off n started callin him a loser etc he said im crap so i said crap ? 89-10? your the crap one m8 and then his friend RIGOROUS started so i called him crap and offered him the next game...then after i finally got to clear (15 mins) later i am in lobby and RIGOROUS says 'No1 your next' and then i get demerit for 2 days ! and he says 'thats cause you talk to much'.
that is bs i get 2 day demerit for whooping a mods mate...sad aint it ?
Hotshot wrote: I know its not a rule,but i find it very RUDE when people say good game(gg) before the game has even ended. I think it should be against rules,sounds a bit silly,but it is very annoying at times.
Yeah lol. It's a mind thingy yes? I lose tons of games coz of the "GG". So I try to block it by saying "GG" right back when I'm justah 'bout to shoot. Although me coughs to no success. 

But I think the toughest thing to deal with is when peeps say how skilled they're opponents are in the game, as this will add the pressure to perform up to those standards. I think that has a lot to do with high ratings as well. Dontcha think there's more pressure trying to maintain a high rating than it is with a low one? 

It's all about trying to live up to higher expectations. Same with the "GG" coz it's an expectation to win the game. Do I think it's bad sportsmanship? Indeed!'Tis why I choose Pepsi Cola, coz when I drink da red white n' blue, I always win lol. So gimme a bottle n' I shall seize the 8-ball crown! Least I wish lol silly me. kk me outs[img=
http://forum.flyordie.com/images/emoticons/silly.gif
]

------------------------------------------
[img=
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b56/RachelDawson/FireGirlFireSiggy.gif
]

It's not bs Snooka and I'll tell you why. You fell for his tactics. He got you to do exactly what he wanted you to do and you didn't see it coming. I don't mean this to put you down. Next time be the person with more patience. Believe me I've learned through experience with many jerks on here. There are so many who would try to win with nasty tactics, name calling , etc... The only way they really win is if you stoop to the same thing.
hot u have no clearence to complain about saying gg b4 the 8 ball is sunk u did it to me like 3 times already then get an additude and plzz dont say that crap about me saying it first i only return it i nevr say it until the game is over unless the oppenent says first ;\
Ermmm loony,when did i say anything about you tyvm
hotshot u have said gg to me b4 8 was sunk also it makes me mad but shesh how can u get mad about something that u do all the time ;\ its kinda sad if u think about it