« Back to All Topics
DISCONNECTING
Posted in 
Technical
DISCONNECTING
Posted in 
Technical
DISCONNECTING
evenings are different that play and it disconnects me. last night I have lost 7 games following. lowering of different points, I have written to flyordie but without answer.  
For me they have to change the server I believe that it doesn't make her/it more.
change him
Je n'arrive pas à jouer normalement une seule partie.
Serveur très lent pour prise en compte du coup joué au point de me déclarer vaincu par le temps écoulé et disconnexion permanente sans raison en cours de partie. 
I HAVE LOST THE LAST 10 OUT OF 12 GAMES TO THESE CHEATS 
THIS WILL KILL THIS SITE UNLESS SOME ONE CAN STOP THEM.
I AM WINNING THE SERVER DISCONNECTS THEY GET POINTS b BOY BEING ONE OF THE LAST 2 TO DO THIS TO ME

tHIS IS PROBABLY MY LAST GAME AS I PLAY WITH OUT CHEATING
Search the forum for help on disconnecting. Others cannot do this to you as far as I am aware. Usually the problem is with your PC.
i had it too but not that much if i dont use windows mediaplayer
I would almost agree with the "it's your PC" answer, but I don't think that is the problem...as in my predicament that I get d/c'd on a nightly/daily basis sometimes in the upwards of 3 or 4 d/c's in one sitting, I know for a fact it's not my internet or my ISP because the d/c isn't a whole problem as in a d/c with a ISP would down your internet not one section of the internet...so in closing it is either cheats or server issues on FoD i'm going to guess the latter as this place has alot of people in and out 
>I know for a fact it's not my internet or my ISP because the d/c isn't a whole problem as in a d/c with a ISP would down your internet not one section of the internet

That's like saying it cannot be FoD because everyone would disconnect. In actual fact FoD uses a type of data stream which I think is packet intensive (there's an actual title for this, I forget) - if the data stream is interupted (i.e. data packets are dropped) then you are disconnected. With the internet packets can be dropped without losing the actual connection, and the resultant delay is often too small for you to notice.

What can cause data interruption? On your PC anything which may cause a delay in the CPU or internet use can disconnect you. This can range from using multiple programs at the same time as you play to viruses or spyware cookies (common problem) hijacking your internet connection. Any similar problems or pauses on servers used by your ISP or through routing servers can also have a similar effect. On the rare occasions I have disconnected recently I have noticed that my ISP has routed me through a slow server on the way to FoD.

It happens, and the best way to start reducing the chance of it happening again is to ensure that your PC is clean.
so if i am on wireless lan i will have more chance to disconnect??? 
Depends on the quality of your wireless connection. I used to play on a CISCO PCI wireless card connected to a CISCO Aironet access point, and rarely had any problems.